Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittykatz_gw

Hello everyone

kittykatz
13 years ago

New to this forum, used to lurk around the "Rose" forum about 10 year ago. Then moved to the country, our soil is sandy and from a drought we had 4 years ago, most died. I went to a quilt show, through the urging of one of my 2 friends and found a quilt shop 20 miles away. I lived there practically for about 3 years and have met the most wonderful people now and have friends beyond what I could ever imagine.There are 8 of us that have 4 retreats a year with more joining. However I have tapered off the big quilts to other things like embroidery, hand and machine and making smaller quilts purses, etc. I still go back to the quilt shop where it all started from time to time or to take a class. My first quilt was"The Blooming Nine Patch" which after 5 years is finally on my longarm. I love reading your posts. If anyone is from around Terrell, Texas give me a shout.

Comments (15)

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

I'm not from Texas, but wanted to say Welcome to the Forum! I'm so glad you decided to join in the posting. We are addicted to pictures, too, so if you have any quilts you would like to show us, please do it.

Kate

• imrainey
    13 years ago

Hello back attcha! ;>

Hope you'll enjoy the company and the work that people share.

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Hello, kittykatz! Love that screen name! We are happy to welcome new GW members to our quilty group. Please share your projects with us and join in the fun.

Teresa

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Hi kittykatz! I have 2 cats at home so am sure to love having you around. I'm in Australia so not too close to where you live. Jeanne & I co-ordinate the Birthday Block Exchange on this forum and that's a lot of fun receiving 12 quilt blocks for your birthday. Next year's groups are full, but we can always do with replacements in case someone drops out.
    Kristene (TinyTeena)

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Welcome to your new addiction! We are glad to have you with us.

beverly

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Hello from central Florida! I also have 2 kitty cats at home. They are spoiled rotten and love helping with quilting and other projcets.

Donna

• polardream
    13 years ago

Hello from Colorado! Welcome to the forum - it's a wonderful place to share projects, questions, & meet some of the most wonderful people around! We do love pictures of projects ... Photobucket is an easy - free - website that links well with the forum.
    Sue/polardream

• User
    13 years ago

Hi from Pennsylvania!
    Welcome. I'm the moderator of the monthly block lotto and the applique and paper-piece lotto. We'd love to have you join that fun!

Kay/kay_in_pa

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Hi from NY. A long ways from all your sunshine maybe you will share a little. Welcome. Jayne

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Welcome and hello from the San Francisco Bay area. I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting all the creative folks who linger around here. I know they are a big part of my day and I treasure them all.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Hi KittyKatz. Waving from the Gulf Coast of Central Florida. Welcome to the group.

SharonG/FL

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Hello from snowy, southern Ontario and welcome to the forum.

Mary

• tdsully
    13 years ago

Hi!, I'm from Oklahoma. Not sure where in Texas is Terrell?I'm going to east Texas for Christmas, close to Tyler. There are alot of friendly people here with lots of good ideas. Glad to have you join in. tara

• fran1523
    13 years ago

Hi from Massachusetts. Glad you have joined us and hope to see some pictures of your work very soon. We are a friendly bunch and very supportive of each other. Lots of good information flying around here as well.

• petalpatsy
    13 years ago

Hi from Tennessee, and welcome! Too funny!!! How does it feel to finally be quilting your Blooming Ninepatch? I'd also love to see you post a picture or two. (We're nuts for pictures, here.)