Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bummer, trying to Organize

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 11:21

So I got some cash for Christmas and have been meaning to go get some shelves to fit inside the closet for fabric storage. I just bought the cheapie plastic 4-teir snap-together kind. I fit one on each side of the closet leaving just enough space in between to stack some plastic storage bins full of fabric and batting scraps. I'm still going to have to slide those out to access the fabric shelves. But I guess it's better to do that than to heave out all those heavy bins stacked one on top of another. I've been at this for 2 days now. I can't believe how many bins and bags I have of scraps. I really thought I had more fabric than that, though, when it was in all those bins it looked like I had plenty, now I'm disappointed. Is this an ominous sign that I have a fabric-hoarding problem??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bummer, trying to Organize

Well, Rita, I guess it depends on how big your closet is! LOL I've been doing a bit of weeding out, too. A lady in my guild takes all kinds of fabric scraps to use for stuffing in dog beds, so as I've been cutting pieces for swap blocks and a new quilt I've started, I've also been cutting 1-1/2" squares for a postage stamp quilt. Anything too small or odd-shaped to cut a 1-1/2" square has been going into a bag for dog bed stuffing.

Of course, that gets boring in a big hurry! I finally cut enough pieces to start the new quilt so I've been sewing instead.

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here