Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Log Cabin finally finished! (Pics)

Posted by bozogardener (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 20, 10 at 11:21

I have been working on this since this spring. I finally finished it this weekend just in time for a Dec. 22 birthday! This is for my sister in law. Her favorite flower is iris, and her favorite quilt pattern is log cabin.

Log Cabin

And here is the back: (I wanted a big panel of the iris fabric)

Log Cabin Back

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Log Cabin finally finished! (Pics)

Oh my...what a beautiful quilt!! I wish I were your SIL! The fabric choices are fabulous and the quilting is wonderful. You must be so proud of yourself. Great job!!

Susan

o

It is beautiful!!!! I love your fabric choices.
Rosa

o

Oh that is just wonderful. It looks like you did the quilting SID and I'm about to make a log cabin so I'm especially appreciative of your work. I know she'll just treasure it.

o

Wow Wow Wow! A thoughtful gift and very, very beautiful.

I just ordered a light and a dark Bali Pops to use for a log cabin. I've wanted to do one for a long time. I only hope mine turns out to be as pretty as this one!

Kate

o

Nice!! and I love the way you finished the back - good enough to be reverible. .

o

Oh, wow, it's just beautiful! Is it hand-quilted? She will love it!

Donna

o

It is a combination of hand quilting and machine. The little offset squares in the blue centers and the next squares are hand done, and then the sashing and "points" (they were supposed to look like iris leaves on the side) are machine. I was quite surprised how well the quilting looked on the back. That is usually a problem with a pieced back.

Thank you for the compliments! :) I hope she likes it.

o

It's beautiful! Lucky SIL.

I love the iris fabric. TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Very nice. I am very fond of the log cabin pattern as well and you interpreted it so nicely. Your choice of iris fabric was perfect and cabins colors works so well together. Your SIL is very lucky even if her birthday is just before Christmas.LOL>
I agree that is is difficult to have quilting turn out that well with a pieced backing but yours works wonderfully.
TFS. Jayne

o

This is beautiful - so happy for you that you got it completed in time - a very thoughtful gift!

o

Very pretty!

o

Wow! Love it, log cabin is on the top five of my favorite quilt designs, and it's the number one that I like to make.

o

That's awesome! So beautiful! Love the pinks!! :-) Where did you get that beautiful floral fabric? You did a really great job! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

You did a really great job. It's a wonderful gift and I'm sure your sil will treasure it.

o

I don't know which I like better, the top or the back. What a lovely gift, I know she will love it.

beverly

o

Ohhhhhhhh, pretty, pretty, pretty.....

SharonG/FL

o

Beautiful!! I think the log cabin is my favorite quilt,especially for utility purposes.Iris's are also one of my favorite flowers.TFS
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here