Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bozogardener

Log Cabin finally finished! (Pics)

bozogardener
13 years ago

I have been working on this since this spring. I finally finished it this weekend just in time for a Dec. 22 birthday! This is for my sister in law. Her favorite flower is iris, and her favorite quilt pattern is log cabin.

And here is the back: (I wanted a big panel of the iris fabric)

Comments (17)

• itsmesuzq
    13 years ago

Oh my...what a beautiful quilt!! I wish I were your SIL! The fabric choices are fabulous and the quilting is wonderful. You must be so proud of yourself. Great job!!

Susan

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

It is beautiful!!!! I love your fabric choices.
    Rosa

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Oh that is just wonderful. It looks like you did the quilting SID and I'm about to make a log cabin so I'm especially appreciative of your work. I know she'll just treasure it.

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Wow Wow Wow! A thoughtful gift and very, very beautiful.

I just ordered a light and a dark Bali Pops to use for a log cabin. I've wanted to do one for a long time. I only hope mine turns out to be as pretty as this one!

Kate

• barbara_l
    13 years ago

Nice!! and I love the way you finished the back - good enough to be reverible. .

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Oh, wow, it's just beautiful! Is it hand-quilted? She will love it!

Donna

• bozogardener
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is a combination of hand quilting and machine. The little offset squares in the blue centers and the next squares are hand done, and then the sashing and "points" (they were supposed to look like iris leaves on the side) are machine. I was quite surprised how well the quilting looked on the back. That is usually a problem with a pieced back.

Thank you for the compliments! :) I hope she likes it.

• day2day
    13 years ago

It's beautiful! Lucky SIL.

I love the iris fabric. TFS.

~Geraldine

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Very nice. I am very fond of the log cabin pattern as well and you interpreted it so nicely. Your choice of iris fabric was perfect and cabins colors works so well together. Your SIL is very lucky even if her birthday is just before Christmas.LOL>
    I agree that is is difficult to have quilting turn out that well with a pieced backing but yours works wonderfully.
    TFS. Jayne

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

This is beautiful - so happy for you that you got it completed in time - a very thoughtful gift!

• karpet
    13 years ago

Very pretty!

• ritaweeda
    13 years ago

Wow! Love it, log cabin is on the top five of my favorite quilt designs, and it's the number one that I like to make.

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

That's awesome! So beautiful! Love the pinks!! :-) Where did you get that beautiful floral fabric? You did a really great job! :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• fran1523
    13 years ago

You did a really great job. It's a wonderful gift and I'm sure your sil will treasure it.

• grammyp
    13 years ago

I don't know which I like better, the top or the back. What a lovely gift, I know she will love it.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Ohhhhhhhh, pretty, pretty, pretty.....

SharonG/FL

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! I think the log cabin is my favorite quilt,especially for utility purposes.Iris's are also one of my favorite flowers.TFS
    Kathi