Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Dec. 6-7

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

I am working on clue #2 of the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt. I made two blocks so far. I will chain piece today and hope to be ready to assemble blocks tomorrow. I should be working in the basement but my sewing room is calling me instead.
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (14)

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I am cross-stitching a bookmark Christmas present for my sister this weekend, ... so not getting any quilting done. We bought another home so will be moving before Christmas, so I have some boxes to pack this weekend.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

I am working on quilting a few Christmas Presents and a baby quilt. I am not in Panic mode yet :)
    Sandra~Congrats on the new home! Yikes! Moving before Christmas with a child -- make it fun. Set up the tree first!
    Did you get your sewing room?

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

Sandra, I don't envy you at all. Moving just before Christmas would be tough.

I just finished this baby quilt, so the rest of the weekend will be spent on Christmas cards, etc.
    {{gwi:2136724}}

• polardream
    9 years ago

Congrats, Sandra! I can't imagine making a move before Christmas - but good for you. I hope the move goes smoothly!

I had not planned to quilt - cleaning my sewing room was on my agenda. I ended up buying Star Wars fabric and decided to make a quilt for my 6-year old great-nephew for Christmas. Yep, I'm nuts. Oh well, it will be something simple. One of the fabrics is glow-in-the-dark, so that will be fun. I am going to wash it this afternoon & maybe cut some blocks, but don't get to sew until tomorrow since we have guests coming for dinner & cards tonight.

Wanda - cute quilt!

Marsha - did your son get married????

Sue

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I'm also working on Clue 2, Linda, and have managed to get 10 blocks together and other parts in various stages. :-) I wish I had seen that strip method before I started it the other way, but, oh well.

Sandra, I can't imagine moving again.....at any time of year. If you're moving before Christmas, I hope you're getting a lot of help.

Nice quilt, Wanda.

SharonG/FL

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Wanda cute baby quilt!

Thank you all bunches and yes Marsha I am going to have my own sewing room, it won't be a huge room, but I will have an entire room.... so potentially down the road I may get a second table to set up my sewing machine on..... I think if I had a dedicated table for it I might actually use it more often. But I am excited that at our new home I will have a sewing room.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Wanda, that's a really great quilt! Is it your design?

Sandra, good luck with the move!

We are performing in the Christmas Concerts at church this weekend, so no quilting for me. I plan to do some cross stitch today. Yesterday we just ran errands and did laundry and boring stuff like that before we had to go to church.

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Wanda, your baby quilt is over the top wonderful!!! My baby quilt is a Dr Suess panel for one of the bridesmaids that was in my son's wedding - she is due any day now! Yes, Sue...I am now a MIL! Yippee!! I have decided that I really do not like working with panels.

Sandra, have Mrs Claus get you a table for your sewing machine to go in the new house Santa is bring you! So exciting for you and your family - it will be the best holiday season even with all the work.

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Love the maze baby quilt.
    LindaB/CA

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

Thank you! The maze only has one way to get the baby princess to the castle...and collect her prince along the way.

It is my own design. I'm not creative, so it's unusual for me to design anything. It was a lot of fun to make, and I hope the little princess likes it. The back is a pretty princess-themed print, with the baby's "vitals" embroidered on it.

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A-maze-ing quilt Wanda! The little princess will love it!
    Sandra, good luck with the move. I can sympathize with you. We are still unpacking from our move last summer.
    I worked on my clue 2 pieces last night and finished sewing the pink triangles to the diamonds. Am going back up to my sewing room now to start sewing the black triangles.
    Linda OH

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Thanks Donna. Marsha I don't think Santa will be able to bring a 2nd desk this Christmas, but I am definitely putting it on my future wish list. Thank you Linda, I knew you would understand, once we get moved and get the bathrooms and bedrooms and kitchen unpacked then I need to wrap Christmas presents and put up the Christmas tree... December is definitely a busy month for me this year. Hoping I will have the new house organized and mostly unpacked by 2015, ... that may be wishful thinking, but we'll see. Now I'm off to pack some more...

Best to you all and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

I didn't do any sewing over the weekend, but I made up for it through the weekdays previous. I have my top done and sandwiched (whoo-hoo!) and now I'm contemplating how to quilt it. I also informed DH that I would very much prefer a gift cert. from the LQS so that I can take the long-arm classes instead of the .22 pistol that he really really wanted me to want. LOL! I do want to eventually learn to handle and shoot but I'm not ready, I have an intense fear of being around guns and I've got to figure out how to get around that. I think he was a little bit bummed out that I REALLY would rather have the long-arm class, can you imagine?? :O

• polardream
    9 years ago

I managed to get the quilt top pieced today for my great-nephew. WOOHOO!!! I have to teach Monday & Tuesday & have plans both nights, so I won't be able to sandwich and quilt it until Wednesday, but I think it turned out really cute. Will post pictures later this week!
    Sue