Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Dec. 20-22

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

Wow, this was a busy week for me! We came home from Columbus on Tuesday and I had appointments on Wed. and Thurs.. We drew the winning ticket for the row quilt yesterday, (sorry Sharon) and had our quilt group meeting last evening. We are very pleased with the amount we are able to give to our friend. $1240 This is the most we have ever raised with a quilt raffle.
I am also trying to catch up with the mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. My favorite machine still has a thread caught in it and I haven't had time to take it in for a cleaning. I am sewing with one of my Featherweight machines. Last night I finished the bindings on placemats that I am giving for Christmas too.
Are you sewing or quilting this weekend before Christmas?
Linda OH

Comments (11)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Linda, congratulations on the quilt raffle! That's great!

It's been a busy week for me, too...handbells at Disney last Friday night and again Tuesday night, and work every day. Tonight we are at Shades of Green at Disney. Tomorrow morning I have a rehearsal (handbells - go figure!) then all 3 services at church Sunday, plus Mark's company party Sunday evening. Then one church service Monday night and 2 Tuesday night. Plus work today, Mon. & Tues.

Boy, am I looking forward to Thursday the 26th! LOL

So...hopefully a little sewing time tomorrow. I'd like to at least keep up with cutting the parts for Celtic Solstice. Then hopefully I can catch up on the sewing over next weekend.

Donna

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

My S-I-L is suppose to bring me embroidery labels this afternoon and I will be sewing them on the pincushion Christmas gifts this weekend. I started crocheting a new afgan call Garden Patch Granny Afgan in autumn colors. It's going to have 20 blocks of 5 different layouts. Attaching a pic of the first block. Also taking time out to read some in a book or 2 this weekend. Hope every one has a relaxing weekend now that Christmas is drawing so near, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!

Best to you and yours this holiday season,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Sounds like all Santa's elves are keeping busy. I hope to finish the four table runners I've got on my list. Once I start looking for fabric combinations I go a bit nuts on making more than I have time for, so time to quit plans for more!
    LindaB/CA
    PS Like the crochet.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I'm not sure what I'll be doing this week-end except for sewing at least 2 more pillowcases (and making chicken and noodles). I have decided which UFO to complete for the next Great-grandbaby due in March. I'm told it's a boy so will need to keep that in mind for the backing. I'm still using up 'pieces' so will see what the backing looks like when completed. :-) After all of that, I plan to tidy up the sewing area and see what mischief I can get into next.

SharonG/FL

• calliope
    10 years ago

I have been busy with odd and ends projects for two weeks and getting so much done, that I've put sewing on hold. I'm toying with giving my g'son a wool quilt I made, because he likes the warm, heavy quilts and uses them. If I decide to, then I need to do some knotting on it to reinforce the layers together before Christmas.

I made the one quilt to send to the Children's home and just decided not to put Christmas gifts on the agenda to sew. I would like a Christmas with no extra pressure or rush, and this year is it. LOL.

I did get the sewing room walls finished. Good-bye loud paisley wallpaper.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

We have my family party this afternoon, and I'm all ready for that with the exception of getting kids bathed...

No sewing for me. I do have some more shopping to do, and the kids would still like some outside lights strung up.

I might get to sewing after Christmas. We can hope!

• jackier123
    10 years ago

I am cutting out clues 3 and 4 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery. I got behind being out of town last week. Hopefully I can get caught up before Friday.

Jackie

• nannykins
    10 years ago

If I can get the upstairs cleaned this morning, I just might be able to sew a bit. I hope, I hope, I hope.
    Theresa

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I just finished hand-sewing all the embroidery labels on my pincushion Christmas presents. I am running a little last minute this year, but am glad that I now have all of my Christmas present projects finished. DH and son are at a b-day party this afternoon, so while the house is quiet think I may read a book and just have some me time. Hope everyone enjoys their holidays. Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2014.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

The sewing room looks good, Calliope. I'm knitting instead of quilting, a twined knitted merino/alpaca hat for my son.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Sounds like everyone is cruising right along and not stressed. I miscounted on the pillowcases and needed 2 more, so there are 4 pillowcases at the French seam stage. Shouldn't be a problem in getting them done today. Cutting it a little close as we're opening gifts on the 24th, but that's ok. After the ultrasound, the docs moved up Isaiah's birth due date to Feb 26th. I have part of the backing made, now to figure out the rest of it.

SharonG/FL