Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Dec. 19-21

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

I am up late, doing some last minute holiday shopping. I do most of my shopping online.
I hope to do lots of wrapping this weekend and also work on clue 4 of Bonnie's mystery quilt. I need to make a robe for DH this weekend too. I'm using fleece so it should be a quick and easy project.
Are you sewing or quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (8)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

After vacuuming and dusting yesterday, I was having "withdrawal pains", haven't sewed for a week, so I cut out the pieces for a Lotto block. If
    I get my chores done today, I can sew them.
    Theresa

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Linda, I was up late, too...we spent several hours in the ER with our niece. She's fine! At work she bent over to pick something up and hit her head on a pipe as she stood up. A while later she was feeling dizzy and one eye was dilated more than the other. The Centra Care for cast members (Disney) had a four hour wait so her manager took her to the hospital ER.

Anyway, they checked her out, did a CT scan and such, and determined she's fine - no fractures, no concussion. We got home around 2 am.

So...I am off today and had planned to clean house, but decided today will be a "me" day. I'm going to work on my cross stitch again this weekend.

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I hope to start Clue 4 but not sure how far I'll get with it. Our Christmas morning will be Sunday at DD's. Even though the grands are all adults now, it's still fun. Not sure, but I think DGD's new boyfriend might be there, too. She spent this week with him in the Fort Bragg area and they're both driving back tomorrow. This is sounding serious but hope she finishes college before any kind of big event.

I ordered the Patch Pals pattern book in hopes of making some cute animal quilts for charity in 2015. I think it'll be fun.

I think we all deserve a 'me' day, Donna. Glad your niece is ok. Head bumps can be tricky.

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I've been super busy!

We have my family's big Christmas dinner tomorrow. So I have a few small presents to wrap; tomorrow I'll make fruit salad to take. Plan to make peppermint bark, peanut butter bark, and mint Oreo bark later today.

I got the last of the big shopping done last night, now just need to work on stocking stuff.

Decorated the tree last night, and put outside lights up this morning. Most decorations are done.

Still would like to make 4 flannel pajama bottoms for the kids before Christmas Eve, but we'll see if I get to it.

I'm also working on knitting hand warmers...for me. Never have really been a knitter, but this is a pretty simple project.

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Super busy is right!
    Hope you get it all done.
    Theresa

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

Since I finished my latest project this morning, probably won't be sewing this weekend. I never start projects on the weekend. But I might spruce and tidy up the sewing room some. Clean slates! I love them!

• bev2009
    9 years ago

I cut out a couple of aprons for...DH. Hope to put under the tree just so he has more to gifts to open. He's like a little kid when it comes to gifts. Funny, because I'm the opposite. He is semi-chief bottle washer at our house and he picked out some airplane fabric and Purdue University fabric while we were on vacation in July.

I knew I'd be invited to a baby shower some time this spring and intended to make a baby quilt from my 40's fabric Lotto winnings. Got the invitation today and the shower is on the 18th of Jan. Yikes. Got to get busy.

• polardream
    9 years ago

No quilting here. We arrived in Arizona yesterday and I did bring 2 projects to work on while we are gone, but too many family things for right now.

I will post the Block Lotto so it will be official for January - start your engines!!!

Sue

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors