Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you quilting this holiday weekend?

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 26, 10 at 23:50

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I haven't done any sewing since Wednesday. I am making tote bags with 2" HST for gifts and used triangle paper to make 336 squares. I cut them apart, trimmed the dog ears, and pulled the paper off on Wednesday. We went to DD's for Thanksgiving and I haven't had time to get back to it yet. Maybe Sunday afternoon I will have time to work on them again.
Have you been quilting or are you still celebrating Thanksgiving and shopping?
Linda OH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you quilting this holiday weekend?

Well, this morning before work, I finished sewing the binding on my November table runner! Was having tension issues on my sewing machine, so couldn't finish it before Turkey day. This weekend I hope to sew and get ready to mail my 3 blocks for the December lotto. Also want to cut out and start sewing my December table runner. I'm making 2 of the table runners - 1 for me and 1 for my sister, which I'll present to her each month, starting with her birthday in February.
Hope everyone gets some sewing/quilting done this weekend.

o

Bless you carolnv, I thought I was the only one left who had not made my December table runner! Or done any of my Christmas sewing for that matter. Good to know I am not too late...lol.
I still have to finish 10 casserole carriers for my cousins before the 11th, so I will be sewing on those this weekend for sure. Maybe on Monday I can get started on my table runner....
so many projects, so little time...sigh
murphy

o

Linda, That sure is a lot of HST's! You go, girl!

Carol, What a nice thing to do for your sister. She'll cherish them.

Murphy, Wow, do you make gifts for your cousins every year?

No sewing for Christmas gifts for me this year, but I do have a Christmasy wallhanging/table topper UFO I want to finish - haven't decided which it's going to be. Probably should get it out and refresh my memory on what it looks like! Come to think of it, I think there might be 2 of them.....sigh.

SharonG/FL

o

Last night I finished sewing the binding on my snowman set - table runner, 2 hot pads & 4 placemats. And I'm working on the Quiltville mystery quilt plus a second Quiltville one - ocean waves. I dug out my bag of HSTs a few weeks ago and pressed and trimmed...turned out I had enough to make 18 ocean waves blocks.

Donna

o

I'm working on Anne's row for the Quilting Queens Row/Round robin. What fun!

When I finish that, it's time to complete a wall hanging for my stepdaughter for Christmas.

And then, if I'm lucky, hubby's Celtic Knot hanging will also get some attention in time for Christmas. Otherwise, it'll be a birthday present in April!

Kay

o

Yes, I hope to get a little in. It's not been for lack of time, but after completing the log cabin top in record time, I wanted to get back into the mood before I start the finish work. I have learnt over a lifetime not to sew (if you ca help it) when you are not in the mood, or you spend the day clinging to a seam ripper. I am not planning on any quilted Christmas gifts, so there aren't any time frames for completion on my quilt projects, other than my own gratification and the fact I am itching to start a new top and I won't until I get this one finished.

o

Working on my 2011 birthday blocks. Only 2 more to go. May get them set up this weekend and then it is down hill from there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here