Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Nov. 15-17

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I am still working on bindings on Christmas quilts and placemats. I did cut out a new quilt for myself today. I bought the pattern last year and the fabric for it last summer. I am making "Oh Christmas Tree" in lap size with Northcott's Stone Strips Metallic. I hope to finish it in time for the holidays.(this year!)
Are you sewing or quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (18)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Yes, I will be playing with my new baby! LOL. I am off today; I have errands to run and three more shops in the shop hop to visit, then I'll be sewing. I have 5 blocks to make for group quilts and we get instructions for the next hand piecing projects from QU this evening.

Donna

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I MUST quilt this weekend! I have to get the binding and label done on my new grandson's baby quilt. The baby shower is next weekend and there's so much else I'll need to be doing this week to get ready for that (I'm co-hosting).

This is the first weekend in forever that there are no family activities on the calendar! So, quilting and maybe carpet cleaning. I'm close to sewing part on my bargello, so it'd be nice to start sewing on that too.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I'm going to a fundraising bunco tonight and out of town tomorrow for a funeral and the weather is suppose to be 67 on Sunday with rain. So I hope to squeeze some work in on DD's lotto quilt and sneak out in between rain showers to do some more yard cleanup. I ordered the cutest fabric to make an apron for the little girl I mentor at school. I need that for a week from Monday and have to find a pattern on line.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I have 4 quilts ready for labels and binding. I would be happy if I got 1 finished this weekend.

• jackier123
    10 years ago

I plan to finish piecing the second of 2 nine patch pizzazz quilts for my cousin's twins this weekend. I got the other one quilted. It just needs binding. I also am working on strip blocks for a Bonnie Hunter quilt. It is a leader ender thing. If I get the npp quilt finished and on the frame, I am going to start putting together a scrappy Irish Chain. I have the blocks done, just got to sew them together. They were my leader-ender for the past few months. I really like doing leader-enders. The blocks add up fast and before you know it, you have a quilt ready to assemble.

Jackie

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I finished my M-I-L's pincushion earlier this week and then today I finished my sister's pincushion for Christmas gifts. Tomorrow we are having a family outing so probably not sewing Saturday. Sunday is suppose to rain and storm, may try to start cutting fabric for a couple more pincushions for Christmas presents. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

I don't think so.... I woke up with congestion and sore throat so I think my goal this weekend will be to attempt to breathe! I sat at the machine for 10 minutes today, but it's just not fun to sew when you're sick!

On a happier note, Sharon was so sweet to send me some extra bags she had after I complained about knocking the mini armoire that came with my machine on the floor and sending bobbins and presser feet scattering all over the neighborhood! Not to mention breaking the armoire! This will be so much less cumbersome to take to retreats, classes, and sit and sews and if I drop it (and I will) it will not break and sent stuff flying everywhere! She also sent me the cutest tweezers as well.... Those will really come in handy when I need to change thread colors during embroidery and the embroidery arm is in the way of threading the needle! Not to mention picking ripped stitches!
    Before, I was using eyebrow tweezers! (I also use cuticle scissors to clip jump theads!)

Thanks for being so sweet Sharon. :o)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Feel better, Bobby!

• polardream
    10 years ago

Surprisingly, yes! I finished the top for a baby charity quilt and don't have enough of one fabric for the back, so I made one matching square and am piecing the other fabrics. Will try to baste it and maybe quilt it, too, but have a church potluck tonight, then have to watch the Bronco-KC game tomorrow night! Trying to finish up last minute lists for shopping and organizing for a houseful of company starting Wednesday since DS is getting married next Saturday! The quilting has kept me a little sane.

Sue

• calliope
    10 years ago

Sue......I hear you about a session at the sewing machine sometimes providing an oasis of sanity. Weddings so close to holidays? It's going to make for a very busy holiday season, isn't it? My husband and I married just a couple days before Christmas.

I finished the binding on my charity quilt first thing this morning before I did anything else. My 3yo g'son helped me wrap it tonight. Grammy is winding him up early with Christmas anticipation. LOL It's going to be fun watching him this year.

I don't imagine I'll do anything quilty until the dust settles after Thanksgiving. It's over the river and through the woods to our house this year.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Well, so far, I've gotten the binding finished on grandson's quilt. If the computer that holds the embroidery software is functional by tomorrow, then I'll get the label done... (This was done with a batik jelly roll while at retreat.)

Here it is!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Jennifer, it is great! Now I want to make one. What was the tool you used called?

I got binding on one of Sharon's quilts and the other one will be finished tomorrow. Hopefully will get the pillow cases done, too. Feels so nice to be sewing again!

beverly

This post was edited by grammyp on Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 23:33

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Jen, your gd'son b-quilt turned out to be adorable... Love the orange inner border, and the turquoise binding! Really cute
    Sue, all the best to you during the next week..Enjoy this special time!
    Jackie, I just don't know how you do it all...always impressed!
    Marsha...Post Pics!!! We wanna see ...
    Bobby, rest up and feel better...quilt doc orders.

No real sewing for me this weekend, maybe the Dec lotto blocks, although I have three ready for sandwiching. DH and I saw Cavalia on Saturday, left the house around 3p and did not arrive home till 1a...I'm a tad tired today. Amazing show ! If it ever comes to your area, Go!
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Val,

I looked into Cavalia too! (We're not that far from you afterall) But ticket prices for me and even one of the girls was way out of our bracket. It looks like an amazing show....was it? Their website makes it look quite impressive. Glad you had a good time out.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Jen...Yes, it was impressive, but I'm a cirque de soliel fan and you could see the influence in the show. The show in one work...enchanting... Today is the last show:-( .
    I just learned about it from a friend a week ago and glad we went... We did the whole VIP experience...way cool.
    Watch for it next time it comes around, towards the last week, they had some specials on pricing, that might be more agreeable for a large family. For us, it was just my husband and me, no nieces or nephews in the area, so we did the whole shebang, but I can't imagine taking a family of four...you are right it would be pricey.
    V.

• jackier123
    10 years ago

I got the one nine patch pizzazz quilted and got the other put together and loaded on the frame. I also got my scrappy scrappy Irish Chain on the design wall. I now can work on getting it sewn into a top. I even completed two more Dear Jane blocks, that makes a great big 6 in all. LOL

Jackie

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Harder for me to see the nine patch,but it looks cute. The Irish chain is gorgeous!
    V.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Jen, your quilt is beautiful. I love the bright colors.

Jackie, yours are wonderful, too! You certainly have been busy. I'm always amazed by how much you ladies accomplish.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services