Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Nov. 8-9

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

I haven't done any sewing this week but have been working on my room. I have almost everything put away now and just have to clear table tops to be ready to take pictures.
On Friday I visited a quilt shop near my home for the first time. They have two shops in Columbus and I have been to the other shop in the past. This shop is about four miles from the house. I didn't realize it was so near until I looked it up on the internet. I really liked the shop and the ladies were very friendly. They invited me to attend a guild they belong to that meets near my neighborhood. They also have a sew-in once a month and invited me to join them.
I bought a pumpkin table runner pattern that I want to make this weekend.
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (17)

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Oh Linda! How fun to find a new shop close to home!

No sewing for me this weekend; I'm headed off to Denver on Saturday for a conference. Won't be home until Thursday night.

I'll miss DH Jim, the cats, the dogs and my sewing machine - in that order. (wink)

Kate

• msmeow
    9 years ago

LOL Kate! Have a safe trip!

I'm missing my machine, too...it's back in the shop. :(

Probably no sewing again for me this weekend. Today is the UMW bazaar and I have to work - I need to be there to teach the cashiers how to do credit card sales then hang around in case they need help. Tomorrow we are going to see my mom.

Donna

• nannykins
    9 years ago

We have to attend a funeral today. I am not sure what Sunday holds. Maybe a binding on one quilt.
    Theresa

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Boy would I be in trouble if I had a quilt shop four miles from the house...good for you Linda...Enjoy!

Headed to a local craft show today, and out to dinner tonite, sooo I'm hoping to sew away most of Sunday. I'm anxious to finish a quilt top, it's called chandelier...just one of the quilt bugs that bit me. I have a day off this week and have hopes of sandwiching a top assembled at the retreat.

Happy sewing everyone!

V.

• loisflan
    9 years ago

My DH is deer hunting this weekend, so I hope to get the binding finished on my niece's wedding quilt. I'd also like to get some practice on my Tiara. I've got a table runner and a couple of table toppers to practice on. But first, I have to get a few clay pots emptied and put away for winter. I just looked at the weekly forecast, and we've got some unseasonably cold weather coming - lows close to zero and highs only in the teens. Hawaii is looking better and better. One more week to work, and then I join the leisure class. More quilting time!

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Oh Lois...I so envy you! The oldest & I are camping next Thurs/Friday with her girl scout troop.. I think we may have below freezing temps!

I hope to get one more binding at least started this weekend. I'm keeping myself from starting something new until after these 4 more bindings are done...I soooo want to start something new!

But, we have a lot of leaf raking to do, and a trip to MIL's house today.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I have several projects going and am also doing some work in my sewing room to turn my big quilt frame into a work table when it's not needed for quilting. I am finishing up a Xmas quilt-let gift and clearing the decks for some table top quilting that is in the pipeline.

I am hoping to jump right up for the Bonnie Hunter mystery on the 28th so am trying to clear up lots of little leftover projects and get them out of the way. I do tend to scatter stuff about so want a clean slate.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Probably no sewing but I want to get those big Lotto blocks packed up and mailed to Val, a couple of quilts to package for mailing and...seems like there was something else that needed to go out, too. Hope it comes to me.

We're planning on DH coming home today, so he'll come first and I'll need to take inventory and head to the grocery store for what will be a new way of cooking......and eating. I'm pretty well stocked up with chicken but think I'll get a big bag of dry pinto beans and partially cook them for the freezer.

SharonG/FL

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

trying to NOT sew this weekend...first time the dining room table has been visible for weeks! (two days, now!) But. Itching to do a couple of very quick, very small cradle blankies to mail off with a crib quilt that I made. Val..I live less than TWO miles from probably The Best quilt store in the state of Florida... Catching this Q Bug is very, very dangerous for me.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Back from the craft show...oh my that was an expensive little detour...I should have stayed home and sewed!
    Beth...two miles from a shop and I'd have my own walking path worn out!
    Lois, Jealous and happy for you!
    Sharon, glad to read Your DH is coming home...first things first.

V.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Beth, what shop do you live near? I have a shop a couple of miles away, too...Nancy's in Winter Garden.

Donna

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I spent about 4 hours raking leaves at my MIL's. I'm so wiped out, and not sure my poor arthritic hands will be able to bind, but I might try during the hockey game.

I really just want a nap!

• polardream
    9 years ago

Sounds like everyone is busy!

Kate, Be sure to bring a warm coat - we are expecting an ARCTIC BLAST this week in Colorado - starting Monday! High temps may be in the 30s ... if we are lucky!

So far no sewing, but maybe tomorrow I will get a quilt sandwiched that I need to get done for my mom. She made it, I am going to quilt it. She would like to give it as a Christmas gift - king size ...

Sue

• bev2009
    9 years ago

I have one of those weeks we all have from time to time coming up with Monday off but then work all day and meetings/events each night of some sort until Saturday, when I head to a seminar all day. I'll collapse on Sunday. So I'm busy getting some food prepared, clothes cleaned and house tidied up this weekend. (And we cleaned out the garage today so we could get the cars in before the snow arrives.,,at some point. I was also washing out clay pots (so I could give them away) in the cold weather freezing my hands.

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

So much for a no-sew weekend!! Hubby is off for four days - this was supposed to be a yard (long) weekend to catch up from a long, hot, nothing-done summer! I lasted about two hours yesterday and he never appeared outside the door! Luckily, it's cold, dank...raining this morning. Ha! I'm sewing! making a very fast, very patchy little blankie to go with a crib quilt...going to practice some crazy machine quilting in a little while. so NEW to all this!

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

We had a funeral this week on DH's side of the family. I accidentally took my sleeping at noon Friday, and got no sleep Friday night, but by last night was able to get meds back on schedule and enjoyed a good night's rest. I got lots of crocheted ribbon bookmarks made for Christmas gifts yesterday and hope to work more on that project today. Once I get some Christmas gifts made then I plan to get back to my quilting projects. We may end up having to run the heat for the first time this week as it is suppose to be in the low to mid 50's for the high on Thursday and Friday, we'll see. Sharon glad to hear your hubby is home, keeping ya'll in my prayers.

Best to you all,
    Sandra

• calliope
    9 years ago

Yes........picked up my first quilting project and started on it today, as a matter of fact. I haven't quilted since I finished up last New Year's mystery quilt. I was just burnt out and uninspired and like getting a new kitten, figured I'd know it when an inspiration hit. I have been busy with umpteen other summer chores and also babysitting my g'grand at least a day a week until this month. I can now start back up quilting for a winter's project and in a neat and orderly sewing room, no less. I had a stack of six inch denim blocks a foot high cut out and it's going to be a faux cathedral window with flannel panes.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor