Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Kay in Pa

calliope
13 years ago

Hey......that rhymes. Just wanted to let you know that we'll be thinking of your tomorrow as you get your cataract surgery. It sure was a beneficial one for my husband, who also had his vision corrected at the same time, and my Mama who hadn't noticed over the years that her problems telling one colour from another had to do with the cataracts and once they were removed, everything was brighter and more vibrant.

Best wishes.

Comments (9)

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Kay, you're in our prayers - I know you'll be so much happier when this is over & the world becomes a brighter prettier place!

• polardream
    13 years ago

Kay, best wishes for a successful surgery today! I'll pray that everything goes well.
    Sue

• User
    13 years ago

Thank you all so much! I got home about lunchtime & slept all afternoon. Headed back to bed now because it's another trek to Baltimore tomorrow for the recheck. AND, we stopped at the post office on the way home from the surgery and the lotto blocks are all in the mail!

So, one eye done, one to go on next Tuesday.

I really appreciate your good wishes and prayers, I know how effective a prayer chain can be!

But please, just don't tell me how OFF my stitches have been over the last few months! I'm afraid I'll go in my sewing room after my vision stabilizes and go.. "Oh, my gosh, what was I DOING??"

Kay

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Glad it went well, you will be happy as I have been with mine. I had "yellow" cataracts and I was shocked to find that white had found a new place in my vision.
    To brighter days. Jayne

• buteau3rd
    13 years ago

You must be seeing so much clearer buy now. I have had cataracts removed from both both eyes and see so much better. What made me wait so long!

By the way thanks so much for the prompt delivery of my fabulous squares. Yes they do look very "South West". My head is swirling with ideas for the quilt I'll be making. They're over the top beautiful!

• User
    13 years ago

Well, one eye sees great! Next one is getting fixed next Tuesday!

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Kay - I'm so happy for you! We'll be thinking about you on Tuesday!

Kate

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Wonderful. You will be so happy. I had mine done differently then normal. As my vision was near in one eye and far in the other I had adjusted to that so when they did my lens that is what I had done--near (lt)far(rt) I seldom use glasses except for fine print. Not for everyone but I am happy.
    Good luck Jayne

• User
    13 years ago

Thanks, Jayne,

I'm doing the same thing as that's what my last contact lenses were before the vision went haywire. I loved my contacts that way.

These were the crystal types of cataracts rather than the discoloration kind. So it was really weird to actually see the shards and pieces being taken out through my pupil during the surgery! The doc did say having those kinds of cataracts would make getting my left/near Rx correct more difficult. So I, too, may need readers, but she's hoping I won't.

The far vision turned out terrific! What's weird is that the grey overcast that remains in the un-operated eye keeps making me think I have to take out my right lens & clean it!