Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini rag doll, quilt and bed

Posted by new2quilting (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 22:47

I got this pattern by The Ragtime Doll Company years ago in NYC. I actually got all four of the doll patterns and their quilts (the others are Rail Fence, 9 patch and Honey Bee for a boy). It comes with the pattern for the mattress and pillow as well. At the time they sold the pattern and the wooden box for bed for $8! But the boxes were pretty flimsy and needed sanding/painting and now they sell it with a cardboard bed instead. The bed is 4" x 6" x 2.5" and the doll is about 5" and her quilt 5.5". It's my first time making dresses of any size, so it took a while to figure it all out. But the little girls getting these won't care.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ragtime Doll etsy shop

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini rag doll, quilt and bed

How cute! Who are you making them for?

Donna

o

Very cute, I can picture a little girl sitting and playing with her for hours.

o

Very sweet. It will be a treasured gift.

o

Adorable. I'll bet there are some "big" girls out there who'd love even love them.

o

Donna, I'm making them for a few friend's daughters who are in the 3-5 age range.

Quilthen, agreed. I might be making one to be a mascot for my quilting room!

o

9 Patch Twins!

Here are two more dolls and quilts for twin sisters. The 9 patches really got a bit wonky, I think no steam would have been better or even fingerpressing with something so tiny and probably pressing seams open would be good. I don't work in miniature that often. The 9 patches are 2" unfinished. I didn't have time to sew on the bindings like on the other one, so I just pillowcase method turned these. But I don't think the girls getting them for their 3rd birthdays will mind!

Since I didn't have any other nice wooden boxes, I found some Ikea plastic containers that were the same size. I ordered the cardboard beds that come with the patterns now, but goofed assembling them and they are pretty flimsy even when done right. I'll probably include them to play with but they won't last long!

o

I like them!! They remind me of bygone days.
I think having one as a mascot for the sewing room is a great idea.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here