Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

#3 round robin - quilting queens

K8Orlando
13 years ago

I don't have all the photos yet but wanted to get this thread started so we have a place to post information. Our target mailing date is just a few days away on Nov 18th! I'm so excited to get started, but I know we won't move as fast as the groups that started earlier in the Fall. With Thanksgiving and then busy, busy December, I'm sure most of us won't find much time for sewing.

Quilting Queens is a mixed group, with some doing rows and some doing rounds. Here's the order:

1. wynative

2. annesew

3. kay_in_pa

4. lindaoh

5. odessa

6. k8orlando

I'm done with my starter row and will be mailing it to Marie on Monday!

Woo HOO! Kate

Comments (85)

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm mailing to Marie tomorrow.

How's everyone else doing? Am I the hold-up? It's a new year and with the Holidays behind us this should start to speed up a bit.

Kate

• User
    13 years ago

I got nuttin' & ready to roll!

Kay

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

I haven't had time to work on Anne's row. Our kids were home most of last week and I haven't had time to quilt. Will put my thinking cap on and get busy.
    Linda OH

• User
    13 years ago

Ann,
    I received Marie's round today. Oooooohhh, how nice! And you were right on with your advice regarding the next round! I had thought that even before I saw your note. Maybe double!

Kay

• wynative
    13 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wishing everyone a FABULOUS New Year!

I am about 1/2 done with Kates :( Just can't get the last 2 blocks. . . but I will do my best to have them sent out next week.

Marie

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No hurry / no worry! It's been a busy Holiday season for all of us and we are just getting back to it. I have Odessa's center ready to send to you but won't put it in the mail until Monday.

Kate

• wynative
    13 years ago

Kate - I am finished with yours :D I made 3 different sets and didn't like them when finished. I felt they really didn't go with your plan. . . but the 4th set is much better (I think LOL) and I will be sending it out to Anne on Monday the 17th.

Marie

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK Marie - Odessa's is on the way to you and Linda's won't be far behind!

Kate

• User
    13 years ago

Linda, are you ready for Marie's? Post office is closed tomorrow, but I can get it in the mail to you on Tuesday.

Kay

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Kay, I'm not finished with Anne's but you can send Marie's if you're ready. I hope to get it finished this week.
    Linda

• wynative
    13 years ago

Anne - Kates rows are on their way to you :D

Marie

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm working on Linda's and stopped at the lqs today because I just couldn't find anything in my stash that seemed right. I love the way Odessa turned the houses into Mexican restaurants and wanted to keep up that clever Ole! theme. I'm very excited about the burro fabric I found! I don't mean to brag, but it's just perfect!

Kate (aka La Cucaracha)

• User
    13 years ago

Linda, we had some ice here, so Marie's will be heading to the post office today instead.

She had that beautiful autumn theme going, and I looked out the window at all the white, and believe it or not... still found snowman fabric for the round I did. Now it can progress to spring & summer and she can cover ALL seasons with her quilt!

Kay

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Kay, it arrived today and the snowmen are perfect! I think I have some fabric with bunnies that would be great for spring. lol
    Kate, I can't wait to see the burros.
    Odessa, I will mail Anne's rows out on Monday, weather permitting.
    Linda

• wynative
    13 years ago

I recieved Odessa's - what a cute idea! I get to go fabric shopping in Denver on Saturday and will get to work on it as soon as my 3 school reports are finished that are due on the 7th EEEKKKK

Marie

• wynative
    13 years ago

Where is everyone? The weather is a plus - we have an excuse to stay inside and quilt. That is unless you have work, school and other 'mean' things keeping you away from the fun stuff like I do. . .

I have purchased fabric for Odessa's center and plan to get to it in the next week. Although I am getting away for the weekend to go to my to-be-grandaughter's baby shower :D

Hope all are staying warm!
    Marie

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    I'm in the row robin(sorry to intrude) but I cant get a hold of Odessa, we have 4 missing rows in our robin, I have heard from all the players except odessa and they dont have them. she has not posted here since DEC. I sent an email and no responce so far. I'm rilly worried about her. if anyone has her number maybe a call would be a good idea.
    thanks
    michelle

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I haven't heard from her but I'll send an email and see if we can get an update.

FYI - I'm working on Linda's and should get that done this coming weekend, although that's not a promise! That's the only one I have right now.

Kate

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just wanted to update you all... I still haven't heard back from Odessa. Getting worried. If anyone hears from her, please let us know.

Kate

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    I sent joyce a package with my phone number asking her to call me, it was delivered yesterday, but I have not heard anything. this rilly worries me, it is one thing if she is haveing computer trouble or internet problems, but surly she would still have access to a phone. I just hope she is ok.
    if anyone hears from her please let us know she is ok.
    thanks
    michelle

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I hate to do this but from now on, until we hear from Odessa, I think LindaOH should send directly to me. If Odessa comes back to us and can participate later, then she can do the last piece on each of them. Are you all OK with that?

Kate

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Kate, I have Marie's quilt at this time. I will probably be ready to send it on Monday or Tuesday. Unless I hear differently, I will mail it to you. I sent her Anne's row on January 24 with delivery confirmation and it showed that it was delivered on January 26. I have not heard from her.
    I hope Joyce is OK.
    Linda OH

• User
    13 years ago

Morning, everyone,
    The rows I haven't worked on are Kate's, Joyce's and Linda's.

So if anyone has them and is ready to send any of them on, I'm ready to work on them.

Michelle, in our mixed robin, has been trying to contact Joyce, with no success. Does anyone in this robin have any pieces in their hands other than Linda?

Kay

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

I don't have any pieces as of this morning. I mailed Marie's to Kate on my way to work today.
    Linda

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have Linda's but should have it done by week's end. Sorry I'm being so slow!

That's the only one I have.

Kate

• wynative
    13 years ago

I have Joyces ready to send - will do that tomorrow :D

Marie

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'll be mailing Linda's tomorrow.

And I just received Marie's. Wow! It's HUGE! Not sure where to start but this will be fun!

Kate

• annesew
    13 years ago

Marie: You said you sent me the next round on Feb. 17th. I have NOT received it yet. Did you send with "Delivery Confirmation"?

Kay: I just got around to mailing mine today with "Delivery Confirmation" AND insurance. Figure, if this one gets lost, at least the 3 participants will get some money to buy fabric! Sorry to be so late. Life got in the way. As I speak, sewage is bubbling up in bathtubs for 3rd time this month. Think pipes need to be replaced!

• User
    13 years ago

Anne, the package with Kate's row arrived today! I have fabric and ideas, but will take a bit of time to execute them.

So, Kate, when I'm done, it'll be off to Linda's house for a visit. Since I'm assuming that it's skipping a stop on its way back to you, how about you let me make you 2 rows?

Linda, will you let me know when you're ready for it?

Kay

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Kay, I am ready. I don't have any at this time.
    Linda

• annesew
    13 years ago

I don't have any pieces. I never received the one Marie said she mailed. I feel sad when I think about my quilt pieces being lost and gone for ever. Doubt I will ever enter another online swap again. Hugs to all.

Anne in Texas Hill Country

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Anne, Marie's post said she sent it towards the end of February so it's not very late yet; let's not despair. I understand your frustration but so many swaps go well and everyone has fun. Please don't let one bad experience ruin them for you.

Kay, your offer is very generous but you don't have to do two rows on mine. I will be very happy with one from you!

Kate

• User
    13 years ago

Too late, Kate!~
    I found the PERFECT fabric for the 2nd row today. I'll be working on them starting on Sunday afternoon! And you KNOW that when a fabric is perfect, it absolutely MUST be used... it's one of those quilters' quirks, I think.
    Kay

• wynative
    13 years ago

Anne,

I am so sorry! This past week and a half has been crazy for me - 4 - 2 hour mid term tests, 5 huge papers and I am redoing my kitchen, dining room and bedrooms.

Odessea's got left in the sewing room and was buried behind all the stuff from the other rooms. I will be mailing it out tomorrow with delivery conformation and will let you know the number so that you can track it.

Sorry to cause the worry!
    Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
    Marie

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marie,
    That makes it easier for me to admit that I've had Linda's in my car, ready to send to you for a week. Work has involved extra hours every day this week, plus a sick dog at home and DH on the road... the week just got away from me. I promise I'll get it mailed on Monday!!!

Kay - LOL - I know exactly what it's like to find the perfect fabric! Thank you! I will be thrilled to have you do two rows for me. You are a Quilting Queen!

Kate

• wynative
    13 years ago

Kate - LOL I have done similar things. . .

Anne - that package has been mailed :D No, really! This time I did - LOL

I will send you the conformation #.

Marie

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I finished Marie's today, so I'll be sending Linda's rows and Marie's completed round to her tomorrow.

Anne and Kay... I want you to know I'm still trying to contact Odessa about your pieces.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I heard from Odessa!

She is OK but has very good reasons for dropping out of sight for a while. I won't go into any details, because that would be for her to share, but if you knew any of the story you would understand. She thanks you all for your patience.

She has all of the round/row robin missing pieces. I told her that if she wants she can send them all to me, without adding her borders or rows, and I'll get them sent to the appropriate person on the list. But she would like to see how much she can get done on them this weekend.

Kate

• wynative
    13 years ago

Kate,

I recieved your box :D I will try toget the next one done and sent out the first of next week.

and WOW!!!!! I love what everyone did with mine :D I will take a picture and post it tomorrow. LOVE IT!

Marie

• wynative
    13 years ago

Here is my new quilt top!
    {{!gwi}}

WOW! I love it! Everyone did a wonderful job and the colors are perfect :D and it is big enough for a full sized bed!!

I should have cleaned the picture up LOL as you can see I am not quite done with putting the trim on as it is laying on the floor under the quilt :D but it is getting closer to being done. Now I just have to wait till it warms up enough outside to put the clear coat on the cedar walls. Please Spring come soon!

Thanks so much ladies,
    Marie

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marie, thanks for posting the picture. I wasn't sure if you would open it right away or wait for the group, but in this case waiting may have taken a long time. I sure hope yours isn't the only one to get completed from our group! I remain hopeful that the rest will get done.

Kate

• wynative
    13 years ago

Anne -
    Just a heads up - Lindas rows are on their way to you :D

Happy Spring Everyone!
    Marie

• polardream
    13 years ago

Marie,
    Your quilt is beautiful! Lucky girl.
    Sue

• annesew
    13 years ago

Marie: I received your package today. I have been out of pocket (for various health reasons) and have not forwarded mine to Kay yet! But promise to do so ASAP.

By the way, I just noticed an error in my listed address. My street # is 405 not 410 and I have a cranky mailman who gave me a lecture about it today.

Happy Easter to all!

• wynative
    13 years ago

Ann,

I will correct that ASAP! I know all about cranky mail people. My home town (300 people) where everyone knows everyone and nobody uses their blinker because everyone knows where you going anyway LOL. If the address's were not PERFECT even one letter off in a name - she would return it! Not that big of deal for junk mail but checks and bill sure did cause big problems! That one didn't last to long . . . .

Have a wonderful weekend all!
    Marie

• User
    13 years ago

Kate, I'm done with your rows and am ready to mail to Linda. Just need to get them packaged and sent to post office when hubby goes to town. We've been really busy with starting chickens, pigs and doing taxes. Maybe next time we can be able to get done before the spring rush slows things down in quilt-world!

Kay

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Kay, I received the rows today. I think I know what I want to do. My kids are coming home for the weekend so I will try to start working on it next week. Linda OH

• annesew
    12 years ago

I want my quilt back! Boo Hoo! The last posting on this site is April 11. Am I missing something?

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Anne,
    We've had some posts about this recently on other threads. If you know who has your quilt, I would recommend sending them an email directly. If you need emails, contact me and I'll be sure you have one for everyone in the group.

Kate

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here's a link to a recent post about missing Robins.

Here is a link that might be useful: Missing 'Robins