Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

Finally, a finished project!

jennifer_in_va
9 years ago

Got the binding finished on this one last night. Finally!

This was a UFO of a friend of mine. I, in turn, designed the center medallion and then asked HER to finish that part for ME! lol I quilted a 1/4" from the outside edge of each arch, and then echoed the outside points into the border with random distances.

Comments (15)

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's the outer edge quilting...

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

That looks cool! ..., but complicated to make. Was it hard to make?

Best to you,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Wow Jen...nice to see it completed...it really turn out great!!!
    You and your quilty friends ... Impressive!
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sandra,

It is (paper) pieced in wedges. So, no, it isn't really all that difficult. The most challenging part for me was the needle turn applique in the center. I thought for sure I could just this one little thing. But, alas, I got to the point of dreading it. That's why I gave it back to my friend...she's a pro at applique!

It's nice to have a friend who a) gives me her UFOs, and b) is willing to help complete them for me~ lol

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

Wow, that is spectacular! Good finish Jennifer. You have a wonderful friend.
    How big is it?
    Linda OH

• msmeow
    9 years ago

It's beautiful, Jen! It that from the Bella Bella book? I haven't seen it done with different colors like that. I love it!

Donna

PS- who gets to keep it? :)

• bev2009
    9 years ago

It does look very difficult and impressive. Glad you two quilters could help each other out.

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone!

It's about 45" in diameter, and it is from the Bella Bella book. I think it might be the St. Mark's pattern, but not totally sure without looking it up.

It is definitely for me to keep; she decided she didn't like it because of the 2 'cool' colors. She had left it in four sections and wasn't going to finish it. I thought she was crazy! How could you not finish it after so much work with such great colors?!?

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Very pretty, Jen. And very impressive. I got a chuckle out of Donna's question. Maybe you'll have to share it. A time-share quilt!

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

oh my goodness!! aaahhh MAYzing! Very pretty!

• fran1523
    9 years ago

That is stunning. Certainly worth finishing.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Turned out great, Jen! Glad to see the finished piece.

Sue

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Nicely done and very attractive. Not exactly my colors but the pattern is very impressive and I like your center, it finishes nicely. The quilting fits very well. Congratulations on your finish. TFS

• grammyp
    9 years ago

YAY, I know you are glad it's finished. Love how the middle came out. Your friends have the best UFO's and you are so good at figuring out how to finish them.

beverly

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

That is incredible!! If it's half as hard to make as it looks, it is quite an accomplishment to finish it. Hopefully I will reach that level of expertise some day, as I would love to make one like that. TFS