Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No place like home

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 20:07

We got home today. Only hiccup was our plane to Memphis was delayed, so they re-routed us through Atlanta. But the car was still in the garage, it started, and we beat the rush hour traffic. Stopped by and saw the grands, got groceries and now to catch up on e-mail and prop my feet up on my own coffee table.

DC survived the storm well. There are some trees down, but that was the worst. The metro re-opened Tuesday about 2, the museums opened and federal workers went back to work Wed. There are still some areas without power, but not many. All things considered, it is is great shape.

I'll post pictures later.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No place like home

Glad to hear you are home, Beverly!

o

yeah! glad to hear you made it w/o troubles!

o

I'm also glad you and Tim got home safely.

SharonG/FL

o

Glad you are home safe and sound, but I bet that's one trip you won't forget...thanks to Sandy!
V.

o

Boy, what an adventure. I'm so glad it worked out as well as it did. We were a bit worried for awhile.

Congratulations to Tim.

o

Glad you made it home safely and got to have a little sight-seeing before leaving DC.

Sue

o

Glad you are back without any bad things happening along the way. It was a worry some time for all of us not knowing the well being of those in harms way. Congratulations to Tim and his great efforts. Couldn't open your pic but it sounds like they were enjoyable.

o

:)
Welcome home.

Faye

o

Rip has been asking for news about you and Tim. Of course we had no idea, we were attending a "Good Sam" rally at the Daytona Raceway....no computer til now. Thank God you made with no major problems.
We left early.... sore feet.

good Sam"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here