Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Things I got done over Thanksgiving weekend

Posted by jennifer_in_va (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 11 at 19:49

Well, you know I work in spurts. These are the items I've been able to accomplish this weekend...

The big girls have new red dresses for the holidays, so I decided to make one for the baby...

Melanie's 2011 dress

My niece is almost a year old, so I made her this taggie quilt and some puzzle balls for Christmas. The puzzle balls are the Jinny Beyer patterns. I have the templates but not the book. (Some of the templates I can't figure out how they go together, but these work!)

Lydia's taggie quilt Lydia's taggie quilt

Lydia's puzzle balls

And, in my guild we do charity quilts. The coordinators have decided to hand this teddy bear around to a 'winner' each month. Not sure what the criteria for getting it is, but I got is last meeting. (I turned in a bunch of the quilts from Retreat where I repurposed/put together recycled blocks.) When they gave him to me, they said I could add to his outfit... I added the mini-block pin. It's the same pattern as our guild name badges.

SPQG teddy's name badge

That's it for now...not sure what's next. Gotta stay on my roll, though

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Things I got done over Thanksgiving weekend

The Puzzle ball instructions I saw recently were completely different and probably not very (young) child safe.
Your puzzle balls look complicated to fit exactly.

The taggie quilts are very cute - look like a great drag around quilt.

I'm not sure if you were the winner or the loser of the bear - I'm guessing as the winner - you are like the Energizer Bunny- you just keep on making charity quilts, you keep going and going.......:)

o

You have been very busy. Love the puzzle balls. I have the book if you would like to borrow it.

beverly

o

Love the bear and dress!!! The puzzle balls look perfect. Normally J. Beyer patterns are not very easy lol!!!
Rosa

o

Jennifer~what are the tags made from?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here