toolgranny

Linda's autograph wedding quilt - 2nd shot

toolgranny
11 years ago

Closer shot of Carpenter's Star center

Comments (6)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Love the center quilting! It's beautiful!

Donna

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

That is beautiful...I'm impressed with your quilt design and quilting..I know it will be a treasure to the couple.

Just a great and special gift!
    Gwen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Love those straight quilting lines in the center and borders. Since I've never done that, how do you begin and end each line in the border?

SharonG/FL

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sharon, you just make big "U"s, starting at the outside edge and stitching in the ditch when you hit the inner border, going down an inch or so, and then back out to the edge. I have extra fabric on the edge and I stitch down the outer edge another inch and repeat. I planned to trim about an inch off that edge when I put the binding on.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Wow! Glad you posted this. I remember your description of how you'd quilt the one I posted. Now I have a visual too. Sure hope I get going on it soon. All kinds of road blocks until now, but you're quite a speed example to follow now that I'm ready to begin.
    LindaB/CA

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Linda/TG, Thank you for the information on quilting straight lines. I'm thinking even I might be able to do it. At least I'm going to try.....lol

SharonG/FL