Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All new NOT purple & pink top for David

Posted by imrainey (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 8, 10 at 19:40

Good thing I started this one when we decided the pink and purple one was WRONG for a guy!

P1020456

I think I could finish 3 of these before I figure out how to finish the purple and pink one. ;>

This one won't have any border. I'll just bind it in a green that blends in.

Hard to imagine it's based on the same concept as the bullseye top, isn't it. But it's the same 2" x 3 1/2" rectangles arranged differently and, of course, with different colors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All new NOT purple & pink top for David

That's gorgeous! Good job. He'll love it. What do you plan for a border?

o

This is perfect!

o

I'm just binding it with a similar green. No border on this one.

o

Well, you pulled that one out of hat, didn't you?? Well done, I love it.

And isn't it amazing what a few simple shapes will do?

o

It's beautiful. Way to go.

~Geraldine

o

A much better choice I must say! I like it alot.

o

I agree this is much more suitable for a dude! In the meantime, since you're not giving him the pink one, I'll be glad to take it off your hands! LOL!

o

I love how in the pic there are notes of purple that zoom out at you. Believe it or not there was not a single fabric that I would have said was anything but green. But with batiks when you cut them you get surprises. I like how this set of surprises worked out.

The quilt shop nearest to me won't buy purples, pinks or teals. She just doesn't like them and she says she doesn't want to look at them all day. But I think a note of purple really electrifies whatever's around it. Teal can do the same. But I'm with her on the pink thing. ;>

o

Beautiful! I liked the purple and pink one too!

o

I think it is great. More my colors but I did like the other one as well. He will love it. TFS Jayne

o

Awesome! I love batiks - you did a great job.
Sue

o

It is gorgeous, I love the fabrics!! I also know 2 guys that would love the pink and purple lol!!!!
Rosa

o

I love batiks too and I was surprised to see how "Oriental" the look of the purple and pink one was before I put the strong border on it.

Thanks for the lovely words and all the helpful ideas.

o

That looks really cool! I am sure he will enjoy it. :-) You are so talented. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here