Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karpet_gw

Latest quilt

karpet
16 years ago

This is a quilt I finished for a friend who moved away. The center is made up of colors in her furniture. She was a math major and a math teacher, so I made the first border with the pencils. She also is musical and plays the piano so thus the second border, and the third border (which doesn't show up real well - I should have recruited another set of hands to hold up the top with me!) is bookshelves.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (27)

• scootersgirl
    16 years ago

Very cute and very personal. I love it!

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

What a marvelous idea for the borders!

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Wow, that is awesome! You put alot of thought and effort into this quilt and I your friend will love it!

Rebecca

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

What a wonderful set of borders. This is really a great piece.
    Linda

• bopeep
    16 years ago

I just LOVE that quilt !!!!!!
    You did put a lot of thought in it !!!!!
    And you did a great job !!!!!!!!
    Everything about it is really BEAUTIFUL !!!!
    bopeep

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

I really like the pattern. You did a great job and the interesting boarders really go well with the center. Thank you for sharing. Jayne

• susan_on
    16 years ago

Very beautiful. Nice work!

• grammyp
    16 years ago

What a fabulous quilt. You really put a lot of thought into it and it certainly shows. What a wonderful gift you have made for your friend.

beverly

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Wonderful quilt. Good work

Cheryl

• patruth
    16 years ago

Wow, I hadn't planned to move away but I could if it meant I would get a quilt like that. I love it. The colors are great and the borders are also great, and show that you put a lot of thought into it.
    Pat

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Wow well that is just gorgeous. I love the colors. And those pencils are ingenious. Did you design the pencils yourself? I love the colors too and it's a just a great design over all.

• tywardreath
    16 years ago

I think that is an awesome quilt. Extremely thoughtful, and personal. What a fantastic gift. I am sure she will love it! I know I would :)

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

What a stunning quilt. Beautiful.

• User
    16 years ago

You are a great friend. That is one beautiful gift.

Dianne

• day2day
    16 years ago

What a lot of work!You are one special person to make such a thoughtful gift. It is beautiful. Must have taken you a long, long time to do it. She is really lucky to have a friend like you.
    Geraldine

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Lovely quilt for your friend! She is going to flip!! That 1000 Pyramids pattern is very striking - great color choices, too. Well done!
    Teresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

WOW!!!!!! Not much more a person can say than what's been said already! Awesome!

SharonG/FL

• fran1523
    16 years ago

That is an awesome quilt and the borders are a unique and wonderful touch. Well done.

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

That is a beautiful quilt--great idea with the borders. Your friend is very lucky.

Geri

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

All I can say is Wow! ItÂs breathtaking. The borders are wonderful. Your colors all go perfectly together. Well, I love everything about it. Beautiful gift for your friend.

Nina

• weste
    16 years ago

All the above

• chickadee__3a
    16 years ago

The quilt center is beautiful. The borders make it spectacular. Well done!!

• kathryni
    16 years ago

What a beautiful quilt! The borders are delightful and make it so personal.
    Kay

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

You should enter that quilt in a contest. It is fantastic, both in color and thought.

• anitastitch
    16 years ago

Great quilt--what a lucky friend!

• csackett
    16 years ago

Ditto, ditto, ditto! What an awesome gift! Gorgeous quilt.
    Carolyn

• karpet
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all so much. I started out not liking the quilt because the colors used in the center are not my taste. But then as I started thinking about how to finish it, God sparked my imagination about doing unusual borders. I had seen the pencils done in another quilt so I improvised that. By the time I was done, it became one of my favorite quilts - I think that's the challenge I love, to take something that isn't my favorite and see what can make it beautiful.