Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

Quilt Block Lotto Dec/Jan

Michelle Reynolds
12 years ago

hello

I'm gonna try something diffrent, hopfully some people will like this one.

This will be a totaly freestyle block all centered around the theme of "Winter Wonder Land". you can use any block (12 1/2" unfinished)with wintery fabric, paper pieced, appliquet or evan crazy quilt style.

same rules as always, clean oder free fabric, all 100%cotton( but you can use lace, or other trims to decorate you block) please make all trims are washable no sequins glitter or other non-washables. max of 3 blocks each block gets your name in the drawing and winner takes all.

please include $1 for postage to the winner.

I will sign up and do at least 2 blocks.

all blocks are due in by the end of january and the drawing will be jan 31st.

michelle

Comments (26)

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Hi Michelle, are tiny glass beads considered non-washables? Thinking glass beaded ornaments hanging from snow covered trees. Definitely applique with maybe a little embroidery work if I do a block. The glass beads would be fully sown with both knotted ties on the back of the fabric and would not be hanging loosely. So they would not come off in the washer or dryer and would not melt as they are glass. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

These would be fun to make, I'm sure. But I think it would be hard for me to put them together into a quilt so I'm going to sit this one out. Looking forward to seeing the pictures though!

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Hey Michelle! This sounds like a lot of fun! Let me get through the Christmas season (only 26 more days to go!) and I'll be able to decide on joining. I want to, but I'd hate to join in and then have to back out, y'know? I'll keep popping in though!
    dan

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Sandra - little glass beads are definitely washable and would look cute on a winter wonderland block. The problem with them is that they are hard to quilt around unless the quilter is doing it all by hand.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Thanks for letting me know Kay. Glad you dropped by Dan and hope you are able to join later on. Count me in Michelle, sign me up for 1 block. I should have a trip Joann's later in December and if I can find more snowy fabric then, then I might possibly increase the number of blocks I submit to the lotto swap. Right now though I just have enough snow fabric to make 1 block.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

This is tempting - sounds awesome! But since I forgot the last swap completely (boo!! me!) I'm a little hesitant. Maybe when I get the blocks done & in the envelope I'll let you know that I've signed up! LOL

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Hi Michelle, I have my block finished. Do I mail it to you?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Best to you and many thanks,
    Sandra

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hello
    I love it, the bird feeder is great.
    yes send it to me, and you still have time if you want to do another. these are not due till the end of january.
    michelle

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Thanks. I will mail it to you this week Michelle. :-)

Sandra

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Hi Michelle, have you gotten my block yet?

Best to you and Merry Christmas!,
    Sandra

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hello
    no yet
    mail is kinda slow out here in the country
    dont worry I will post when I get it
    thanks for checking though
    michelle

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Michelle, now that we are close to the end of the year can you share with us what you have planned for the lotto in 2012? Will it be every month? Do you have patterns or colors in mind?

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hello
    how about taking a pole?
    I will post a pole thread and see if everyone wants monthly or to stay with bimonthly.
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hello
    I'm rilly worried about hosting this swap. sandra's block never made it here, this is the 3rd quilt block to go missing in 2 months. envies of seeds and packages have all made it but not all the quilt blocks.
    is there someone with a more reliable mail service that would like to host. anyone else sending to me please use DC#s dont send me the $1 for shipping I will cover that for now, use the money for the DC.
    michelle

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Michelle,
    I would consider doing the lotto if you really do want to give it up. Let's exchange some emails today and talk about it.

Kate

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Michelle has agreed to let me take on the Lotto! I'm sorry she's had mail problems with it but I have to admit I'm kind of excited about doing this. You all know I love the lotto and I'm sure it will be fun.

I'll be posting something soon with instructions (no real changes) and blocks/colors for the next 3 months just to get us started.

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Yay for Kate - thanks for picking this up. I know you love the Lotto and I am looking forward to a great year.

Michelle - thanks for trying to keep it going. Years ago, I changed my post office by 1 mile for my business to get out of one particular zip code because the mail service was so bad out of that facility. Makes you wonder......I hope Sandra's blocks show up - they are cute.

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Thanks to both Michelle and Kate for figuring this out. I'm really excited, but will someone please tell me what DC#s are? Lois

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Please check out the new posting for January 2012 Lotto New Year / New LOTTO.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: New Year / New LOTTO

• calliope
    12 years ago

DCs are delivery confirmations, lois. Of course it costs the sender extra to request this service, but some sort of receipt is the only way you can prove a package got to its destination. Pity, the onus is on the sender and not the delivery service. It's the cheaper of the options, and more than anything a lot of people use it in hopes since there is some sort of papertrail the mail handling groups will be more likely to see it gets handled correctly.

I really felt sorry for Micyrey. I can imagine how it must have felt to not get blocks you know have been sent. How stressful. Thank you for picking up the baton Michelle and thank you Kate for taking the baton next. Now that the rush of the holidays are winding down (still one more Christmas party, a New Year's open house, a family New Year's Day meal here and a January Anniversary to go) I'm sure I'll want to be participating more in the lottos once again.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

I am disappointed that my block did not make it to you Michelle. I usually mail things with delivery confirmation # but with the holidays being busy it got mailed to you without a DC#. Thankfully I did not put money in it, instead I just put 3 postage stamps for the mailing to the winner. It took me off and on close to a week to finish that block so it really disappointing. :-(

Best to you,
    Sandra

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

guess what...

sandra's block finaly got here
    I had given up on it
    michelle

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

I am so glad you finally got it. :-) Man that mail is running slow! Please do keep it. I don't have time to make a Christmas / winter scenes quilt right now with all the other quilt projects I have on my to do list. So am happy that you will be able to get some use out of it. :-)

Sandra

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello
    Is anyone still interested, I have sandras block(finaly)
    And mine is done.
    Michelle

• cziga
    12 years ago

I am interested ... I loved the idea since I first read it. I haven't had any time to start making any blocks yet though.

Perhaps I should wait to see if anyone else signs up? If not, maybe we should consider just adding the blocks into the next month?

• calliope
    12 years ago

Kate........thanks for emailing your address again. I got it loud and clear. The package is ready to go, and if I go into town tomorrow, I'll post it. I finished three.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!