Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bali Pops and/or Jelly Rolls

Posted by anitastitch (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 5, 11 at 18:21

I just bought my first pack of Bali Pops. Have any of you ever worked with those. For those who haven't heard of them, they are pre-cut strips: 2.5" wide by width of fabric (44"). The Bali Pops are batiks, but I've seen others (Jelly Rolls) that are prints. Any recommended patterns?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bali Pops and/or Jelly Rolls

Most of us have used these. There are so many patterns I don't know where to start. If you're not real experienced, you might try the Still Stripping book of Eleanor Burns. It's filled with things made from strips.

o

There are free patterns at the Moda Bake Shop. They have lots of patterns using the pre-cuts.
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Moda Bake Shop

o

Hi Anita,

I'm working w/ my first set, haven't really done more than play around w/ them having looked at some patterns online. I've also looked at free Hoffman patterns (the maker of Bali Pops) as they offer some nice, free patterns.

Photobucket

some playing around

Photobucket

a bit more

Photobucket

I'd posted this w/ an explanation a few months ago as "Playing around w/ Bali Pops", or something like that as I ended up w/ these blocks (I misunderstood a pattern instruction).

o

This is one that I made at Camp Cheerio - still need to add borders but it took LESS THAN 2 HOURS! I used Bali's cappuccino jelly roll. I really like how easy it was to put together.

Photobucket

You can download the pattern free frin Quiltersqtrs.com using this link. Good luck with your jelly roll!
Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Easiest Ever Jelly Roll Throw pattern

o

The only thing I have ever made with Bali pops or jelly rolls is the Diamond Island Tote from Aunties Two. It is huge and I use it to carry "stuff" to guild meetings. Never fails to get a comment from someone. I just love it.
I am not affiliated with them but here is the link to the aunties two website. Scroll almost to the bottom to see the pattern. Just below it is the Biscuit Basket, currently on my to do list.
Murphy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.auntiestwo.com/pattern.html

o

I like working w/ jelly rolls and bali pops. I'm just starting a log cabin with 2 pops (Strawberry Fields & Cotton Candy). In August I did a 2-piece square within a square using a Moda jelly. The possibilities are almost endless. Twisted Strips is another good pattern. The problem isn't WHAT to do as much as WHICH to do. Have fun choosing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here