Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Nov. 16-18

lindaoh_gw
11 years ago

I went to Toys R Us today. I haven't been there for years! I bought a few things for Eli, what fun! I can't wait to see him at Christmas. We will see everyone next week for Thanksgiving too.

I have 3 of the quilts for Christmas finished except for hand stitching the bindings. I plan to get them all to this point and then finish them in the evenings while watching TV. I hope to load DS's quilt on the frame this weekend. I washed the backing and need to press it before loading it. I'm still waiting for DD to send me the block designs for DSIL's quilt. I was hoping to have all the quilts finished before Thanksgiving but it is not to be.

Are you quilting this weekend? Are you working on quilts for Christmas?

Linda OH

Comments (10)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

No Christmas sewing for me! We've all but stopped giving Christmas gifts.

I do plan to sew tomorrow, though. I have a group baby quilt ready to load on the frame. I finished the top this morning before I went shop-hopping!

Donna

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

DD is home for the weekend so I will probably not get any sewing done. She is going to a wedding on Sunday so while she is there and before I have to drive into the city to pick her up, I will be cutting projects to work on at retreat. I am going Tues - Thurs next week and can't wait. I always waste so much time cutting and waiting for the cutting table so I thought I would like to be better prepared this year.

• polardream
    11 years ago

Just finished up a couple stocking stuffer quilty items (can't tell what it is - it's a SURPRISE!!) and have a hope to give the December block lotto another try ... paper piecing is my nemesis ...

Sue

• bev2009
    11 years ago

No sewing for me. My DD is coming home tomorrow. Yippee!!! And I got 11 for lunch on Sunday. Oh yeah, and a wedding tomorrow. (And Sue, she was able to pick up the pattern at Fig Leaf for the Christmas bread bags..last one, but they are ordering more.)

• calliope
    11 years ago

Yes.....Most days begin in the sewing room, cuppa tea or coffee nearby. Occasionally my fluffy tortie cat shares the morning ritual. No noise other than birds outside (because that is when Dh fills the feeders) and the hum of the machine. Amazingly, although my mouth doesn't work for an hour after I awaken, my hands seem to and it's a pleasant routine. I usually knock off a block before I quit and meet the day.

DH is taking a short trip out of town this weekend to visit family, and I suspect that shall mean a little more time to work on current Q.I.P. which is a deliberate attempt to bust some blue stash I've had put away. I didn't know I had that many blues until I organised my material.

Last night I measured a quantity of crisp white cotton I inherited along the line, to discover I had a ten yard cut of it! I was wanting to make some sets of crisp white pillow slips for the beds and it was pleasant to find out I have the material onhand. I love the traditional cotton ones, starched crisp and ironed. I also have a stash of striped cotton pillow ticking, and half a dozen feather pillows who need the flimsy, old casing replaced with sturdy new ticking to bring them back to life.

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

Calliope, don't ever tell me where you live, the thoughts of getting my hands on lots of blue, white and ticking cotton fabric is bringing out thieving thoughts in me. I will probably do some quilting this weekend since I have a cold. I'm not real sick just miserable enough not to want to go anywhere. I've been working on that postage stamp quilt, I'm hand-quilting it. I really should use this time to take my machine in for maintenance, it's just such a long ride.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

No quilting for me this weekend...so sad...need to pack for a week's vacation on the florida golf coast and oh darn...lay around the beach, catch up on my reading, drink delightful drinks and watch sunsets all week. We will be having a Thanksgiving with dear friends at a wonderful "old florida" resort...much to be thankful for!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    V.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Rita, I hope you feel better soon! Even if you aren't very sick, it's still frustrating to not feel like doing anything.

Valarie, what beach are you headed to? I grew up in Lakeland, which is central FL but closer to the Gulf than the Atlantic, so we went to the Gulf beaches.

Sue, did you have a good trip to Orlando? Everything okay at Mouse World? :)

Donna

• polardream
    11 years ago

Donna, We had a great tine in Orlando - however the weather was MUCH colder than we expected! It was actually warmer in Colorado for most of the week - but, of course, Mouse World is in Florida. We rode all the coasters and had a great time. Have decided I don't need to go back until I have grandkids, though.

Sue

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Working to cleanup/organize the sewing room and closet for the upcoming Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, "Easy Street". It begins Friday. Lime greens, teals, purples, airy black on white and a gray constant "color".

Best of Luck to all who are trying it!

Have Fun at whever sewing/quilting you are doing!
    Gwen