Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Longest WIP is done

Posted by karpet (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 25, 11 at 18:13

I had a strange idea that I followed through to completion as a quilt - and it only took me 4 years. It started as a tablecloth that was given to me by a long-time friend of the family who was a missionary to Venezuela and my parents supported. I turned it into a whole-cloth yo-yo tree quilt with a verse done in ribbon embroidery at the base. I have second, third, and fourth guessed myself on this project, but hopefully as a finished project it is not as strange as it sounded when I tried to explain my idea and thought process along the way. Karlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Yo-yo tree quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Longest WIP is done

That was a lot of work and I know you are proud of it. An interesting concept. You did a great job. TFS Jayne

o

I'm inspired to see a project completed after 4 years. I've got one almost that old that I really expect to finish one day.

Your finished quilt is quite beautiful and the pattern is so well balanced. I like it and think it's a neat tribute to the missionary who gave the cloth to you!

Kate

o

Karlene, I think your quilt is beautiful and very creative. I love the colors. How are the yo-yo's made?

o

Karlene, ConGratz on finishing your project! Four years really isn't that long of a time (in my estimation) to get this completed. That's a ton of yo-yos! Nice job!!

SharonG/FL-TN

o

Karlene it looks wonderful and like a lot of work! Congrats on finishing it! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I don't think four years is that long either :) Your vision and determination to finish this (yikes - so many yo-yo's!) is worth celebrating! I like what you did and you should be very proud! How do you plan to display this work of art?

o

Karlene when I was reading your post I was thinking whaaaat? lol!

It is gorgeous, and I'm another that doesn't 4 years is too long for that beauty.
Rosa

o

Thank you all. Four years felt long because I try really hard to finish what I'm working on before starting something else. But this had a lot done by hand so it was done at different times then when my machine was running. I put this in the mail yesterday to the lady who gifted me the tablecloth. I am hoping she will be encouraged by it. I did add a hanging sleeve so it can be used however she sees fit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here