Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

t-shirt logo design?

K8Orlando
9 years ago

I should have been doing a lot of others things today but I spent a little time playing with potential designs for our new group name. I used wordle.net to combine a bunch of traditional quilt block names. What do you think? Am I on the right track?

Here's what it would look like on a bag but it works on t-shirts too.

We could do something like this on the other side of the bag:

Any other ideas?

Kate

Comments (20)

• jackier123
    9 years ago

It needs some lime green LOL! It really looks good. I am in Atlanta wandering aimlessly right now. I actually went into a quilt shop on the way and did not buy anything!

Jackie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I like the back side but I cannot read the grouping of block names so I'm sure other's wouldn't be able to from any distance.....if that matters. :-) Maybe a more simpler design would be less expensive, too. Consider the ink used and how many times the silk-screen has to be done for the various colors. (Unless there's a new way of doing things since we've had things made.) :-)

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Design doesn't have an impact on price. I did this on cafepress.com and the bag is $12 with any amount of graphics and text. T-shirts range in price. Zazzle is another place to order custom stuff but typically more expensive. Really, this is just a suggestion to get us started. I was trying to stick with black/white/gray but colors are easy to add.

I'll try another one with fewer block names and see how it looks.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sharon, is this easier to read?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Yes, thank you!

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Any quilt block names or sewing terms anyone would like to see included?

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Colors are easy. We can select the spectrum but can't assign particular colors to specific words - that part is random.

• grammyp
    9 years ago

LOVE IT! But do we need permission to use Garden Web and the address?

beverly

• wendyfaye
    9 years ago

Is Sunbonnet Sue going to be our mascot? I don't see her name in the jumble of block names. 8D (tee hee)

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

what about 'rulers' and 'retreat or quilt camp'?

I think that's a cute design!

Do we need "Garden Web" at the top if we have it in an url address? I agree that we might need to check on using the name/url, but wouldn't know how to go about getting that approval.

Kate, you have way too much time on your hands! lol

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Nice design.... I like it....so when can we order? :-)
    V.

• bev2009
    9 years ago

I love it, but also noticed a lack of SBS. I like the less crowded look as well.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Once we settle on the words to use, I can save the design and anyone can order. I've asked iVillage in the past about using the name. Name and URL are ok but not their logo.

I'll add SBS. (Shudder)

Other words?

Black/white? With gray tones? Color?

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Words added, even SBS. GardenWeb removed.
    Wordle is pretty random so you have to refresh it several times to get a pattern you like, but this one is so good I saved it.

Are we close?

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I like! I think I like the black/grey combos...would look good on any color of shirt or bag. If we went with colored words, then that would limit the background color.

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

Love it. I'd like the Wandering Stitchers name big enough that I don't think people are staring at my chest to read it!

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

I think it looks great and agree with Toolgranny, not that anyone ever stares at my chest, ( lol), but having the name large enough denotes who we are.

Can this be color or black and white? Those scrappy folks might like the color, while the controlled quilters prefer the black & white...just sayin'

Nice design K8!

• grammyp
    9 years ago

K8, you are great. I think we should all wear one Saturday at camp next year.

beverly

• Robbi D.
    9 years ago

I love it!!!

Robbi

• polardream
    9 years ago

Very cool! Looking forward to getting one.

Sue

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County