Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

OT - Wedding

polardream
10 years ago

I have been out of touch for a while and wanted to let you know how the wedding went!

DS got married last Saturday (11-23) in Estes Park. Our national guard and road construction crews worked so hard and both highways were open after our September flooding washed out major highways with 2 days to spare! (opened 11-21) so our drive was just over an hour instead of the 3 hour drive we anticipated. YAHOO.

Thursday we had about 5" of snow and another 3" on Friday, so the venue was beautiful, but the kids debated pulling the plug on the outdoor ceremony that they both really wanted. We talked to them and convinced them that if they wanted it outside, everyone could survive 30 minutes. Katie added the navy blue pashimas and gloves a few days before the wedding and it turned out beautifully. (we had been having 60 degree temps until Wednesday before the wedding!) They also got boxes of handwarmers the greeters handed to the guests as we all left the reception venue and walk down to the ceremony site. The venue also provided cushions to sit on and blankets for the guests.

Tobey and I were both pretty emotional since Tyler is an only child and we have an incredibly close relationship. Tobey told him on Friday he didn't want him to get married because we would lose him, but Tyler assured him he wouldn't. On Saturday, Tobey said he was happy he was getting married to such a lovely young woman! I almost didn't make it through my toast or the mother-son dance without crying!

We were blessed to have pretty much all of our family to be able to be here. (only 2 nephews couldn't come). Our "in-laws" are lovely people with values we appreciate. After our chilly ceremony, dinner, toasting, and dancing went on until almost 11pm. They also had a "photo booth" for all the guests to have fun, posed shots taken by one of the photographers - they even had lots of photo props!

Our moms, my sister, and best friend stayed until yesterday. It has been wonderful. The kids are in St. Lucia on their honeymoon until Monday night so we are anxious for their return. We will be anxious to see all the pictures from their photographer!

There are more pictures in my photobucket, if you want to check them out.

Now I am hoping to spend a little more time quilting before Christmas!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Tyler and Katie wedding - photobucket

Comments (16)

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

What a spectacular wedding! Looks like everyone is having a great time. Remember, you didn't lose a son, you gained a daughter.
    LindaB/CA

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Just beautiful!!!
    Everyone looks so happy!
    Theresa

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

WOW Sue, amazing wedding album, it really is one of the best I have ever seen. At first I thought the snow was a prop, I didn't realize it was real lol! The scenery is spectacular, I'm so used to beach weddings! I have actually seen it snow one time.

The mom is allowed to cry, even dad if he wants too. A wedding is such a stressful and emotional time for everyone, but you all appear to handle it very well.

They do make a handsome couple, and so do the parents! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
    Rosa

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

What a wonderful event. I know you have been planning this for so long. I'm glad it went off so well. It's all just beautiful. You've gained a daughter and they will make you proud. Thanks for sharing with us.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations all around. It was a beautiful wedding but I am amazed that the bride was able to tolerate the weather in her lovely gown. It must have been the heat of the moment. A day to remember for everyone. Beautiful.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Everyone looks so happy in the photos! It looks like a lovely wedding. Don't you enjoy the "after glow" from the event. Once all the planning and excitement is done, I love to sit and relive it and just enjoy the memory.

We'll probably visit the park when we come out in May for DD's grad from CS. She wants us to stay a week or two and do some sightseeing in the area. I haven't seen her since May and a can't wait for her to come home for Christmas!

• Kristene Smith
    10 years ago

Congratulations! The photos are fantastic - thanks for sharing. Great that the road was finished in time and everything worked out as planned. I think a snow wedding is beautiful and they planned in comforts to suit. You looked so happy and beautiful in your gown.

Kristene

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Breathtaking pictures! The snow made for a gorgeous back-drop.
    It looks like a winter wonderland. I'm glad they decided to keep their plans for an outdoor ceremony. They look very happy.
    Everything looks perfect!!!! Congrats on gaining a daughter to your family.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Sue,
    Congratulations on a wonderful family event and the addition of a daughter to your family! Thanks so much for sharing the pics... a beautiful venue, for a lovely couple, mom & dad included...all smiles ... ahhh so happy!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

It looks like it was a beautiful wedding. Of course, having a beautiful bride and groom helped to put a special sparkle on the event. Time to relax in your sewing room now. :-)

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nanajayne - the bride and all of the bridesmaids put handwarmers in their bras!!! Most of the groomsmen also put them in the back pockets of their pants! I had them in my shoes and bra, too, since it was only about 35 degrees!

It was a wonderful day - I am anxious to see the photos from the photographer. She only posted 6 on her "preview" so will have to wait for the kids to get the CD!

Bev, I am sure you will enjoy an extended stay if you come in May. The national park is beautiful at that time of year! Hard to believe she is graduating already! Enjoy your Christmas break with her!

Sue

• grammyp
    10 years ago

What a spectacular wedding. Love the high-5 with Father-in-Law.

beverly

• lola99
    10 years ago

What a beautiful wedding! I'm glad they held it outside, it sounds like with a little creative thinking everyone survived the cold. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

• day2day
    10 years ago

It's unusual to see wedding pics with snow in the background. It's gorgeous!

Most people want to have sun and sand.
    TFS...really enjoyed the photos.

~Geraldine

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Beautiful wedding Sue. Everyone looks so happy. The snow is a beautiful backdrop. Congrats on gaining a new D-I-L.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

We use hand warmers here -especially at football games - now they will be forever known as bra warmers! LOL

Sponsored
Risa King Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Virginia Beach