Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Nasty Weather

How many of you are affected? I'm thinking at least Bev2009 and LindaOH. Don't know if you in TN got any of it. Check in please.

My family in Indiana is ok for right now. I understand there is more to come.

SharonG/FL

Comments (11)

• lindaoh_gw
    10 years ago

The storm is past us now. The only damage I see is our OSU flag pole is bent and our neighbors new pine trees are leaning. He planted about 80 trees on our property line last week and some of them are leaning a bit.
    There is a high wind advisory till 1:00 AM but things are not bad at this time.
    Linda OH

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Detroit area in the midst of thunder, lightning and high winds.
    We are just across the river and it is pretty scary.
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

I haven't been around on the forum much lately but had to check in tonight to see if everyone was OK. Thanks for starting this post, Sharon! Glad you've heard from most of your family in the path of the storms!

Hope we hear from other forum folks as they get power back and can get on-line.

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My niece in the Detroit area is ok. My family in Battle Creek reports they are ok but my SIL is without power....tree limbs down and roof blown off close to my BIL's house. The wind almost took off their church door during the service tonight. lol My Chicago family is ok.

Thank you, Lord, for taking care of my family and friends.

Praying for those still going through the storm.....

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Thank you, Sharon, for thinking about us. We're about 30 miles from Chicago, but did not receive the torrential downpour they did. It was very anti-climatic for us, thankfully. We've had the wind all day, but just a little rain. We did lose power for four hours and went out to eat. Did not see any evidence that anyone had received bad weather, no branches down, etc.

My heart goes out to those areas that were so hard hit though.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for checking in Bev. Glad to hear all is well.

I know the Weather Channel hypes things up, but when damage is reported and the line of storms so wide spread, and if I know where you live, I become concerned and need to hear that you're ok.

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Glad those who have checked in are okay, and their families living in the areas escaped the wrath of these storms.

The Weather Channel does a great job - the pictures and stories are heartbreaking.

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

Tennessee got a tornado but it was only one and it was very weak.

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

So glad to hear people are safe. What a tragic time for those who are now homeless with winter weather to contend with.
    LindaB/CA

• bev2009
    10 years ago

It is amazing how some people are so affected and across the street, nothing. I found out a friend who lives five miles away lost 26 trees, has a damaged pool and garage, while we saw nothing other than minor strong winds.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bev, Hearing about what happened only 5 miles away makes you really appreciate seeing 'nothing' in your area.

Glad to hear all is well with our members.

SharonG/FL