Tue, Nov 1, 11 at 16:36

FL ST College Firefighter Grad...10/28/11
and a quilt from Aunt Gwen...

FL Firefighter College Graduation quilt

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pic

Very nice, Gwen! Congrats to your nephew on his graduation!

Donna

o

Gwen I love it!!!!! The border makes the fabrics pop in the blocks!

Is that you with the handsome firefighter? you look alike!

What is the name of the pattern?
Rosa

o

Thanks!

I believe it is Woodland Clover from the More Nickel Quilts book....by Pat Speth...
I tried to make it masculine, but added a few fabrics to personalize it for his memories...some Gator blue, FL fish, Hawaiian fabric for his trip with his Grandpa there a few years ago, a piece of fabric of lighting...which will be a big part of his training for his career.

It took every bit of 4 weeks...which is quick for me...I didn't work on anything else in order to finish in time.

THX for listening and such sweet comments!
Gwen

o

Gwen, it's wonderful! Very masculine and personal too. He looks so proud to be receiving this great gift from his aunt!

kate

o

Very nice!!Love scrappy and even better when it has memories attactched. You have a handsome and proud looking nephew. Congratualtions to both of you. TFS. Jayne

o

Wonderful quilt, Gwen. And such a good picture. I have a GD about the same age who is a firefighter. Is he single? LOL

o

Wonderful quilt.......gotta love those scrappies. Great job.
Congrats to the graduate.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

He looks so happy! Your quilt is very manly and a terrific gift. I agree the peiced border makes the blocks pop! Great quilt. Congrats to you nephew!

o

Nicely done! It is great when you get to see the smile on their face when they receive a special gift. Congrats to your nephew.
Sue

o

Love it, Gwen! Congratulations to your nephew!

Teresa

o

Gwen, a beautiful quilt for a handsome nephew.

beverly

o

I really love your quilt and to think it only took you 4 weeks to complete! Wow! I'd be at it for 4 months!

What a fantastic graduation gift - something he will treasure for a long time

Kristene

o

Love the quilt!! And congrats to the new firefighter.

Robbi

o

Gwen, Nice job! I like how you made it manly but also included the personal touches for memories. No wonder we haven't seen you around, you've been holed up in your sewing room with the door locked! I still haven't gotten one of those Nickle books!

SharonG/FL

o

Thanks to all of you! I'm going to forward this link to him.

Gwen

o

Great quilt Gwen and kudos to your nephew.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here