Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

NQR - wish me luck!

K8Orlando
12 years ago

This is NQR - Not Quilting Related - but I could use some positive thoughts over the next few days. I'm putting on a conference for my company with almost 200 people coming from all over the US to talk about occupational safety and loss prevention. This is not part of my regular job but somehow I got talked into it 2 years ago when they asked us to be the host location for this year. I didn't realize then that I would be doing everything myself. (Yeah, I should have asked more questions!!!) We start Sunday with a reception and sign in, then have 2 1/2 days of speakers and events, finishing up with a tour of our local facility on Wednesday afternoon. Speakers, vendors, displays, demonstrations, hotel coordination, program books, food, awards, entertainment, yikes, yikes and yikes. I think I have everything done (except for my own presentation on Tuesday afternoon!) but my head is spinning.

Of course, I want it to be "The Best Conference This Group Has EVER Had".

So, this isn't a life or death thing, but I could use the positive vibes of all my quilting buddies. Shoot a few towards Orlando if you get a chance. I won't be on line much if at all until after Wednesday.

Kate

Comments (8)