Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pam Bono Log Cabin pics

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 15:21

I am about a third of the way through the quilt top. It is very labor and thread intensive but I love the pattern. I wanted to get further along than this and I have worked on it A LOT!!!!
I have to put it away and start on Christmas and right after Christmas I will finish it.
I plan a future red, bloack, and white for another sis.
Rosa
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pam Bono Log Cabin pics

Love the colours!

o

Rosa, that will be great! so many pieces ... but love it!
Sue

o

Wow, it's looking good! You go, girl!

Donna

o

I love it! the secondary circles of white will set it off so nicely. It's going to be a real treasure.

o

Very pretty. I like the pattern and the fabrics work so well. You should be proud of all your hard work but maybe Christmas offers a little rest from it. Excited to see it when you finish. TFS Jayne

o

Rosa, All I can say is, WOW! It LOOKS like it's labor intensive and your sister should love it!

SharonG/FL

o

Rosa, this is breathtaking! Beautiful work. It looks very time consuming and precise.
Are you giving this away????

P.S. Please adopt me as your sister :)

o

Rosa, I admire your skill and your patience. It is beautiful. I like the colors and the pattern. TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Beautiful! It almost has a western look to it. It would look perfect in my house :-)

Robbi

o

That is just gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Can you strip piece it? I can see that you're working with many widths of strips but I always found log cabins particularly easy because of the strip piecing.

I also set up a palate of sorts with a piece of foam core and bulldog clips when I'm working with different colors and widths of strip. Helps me keep things straight in my head and prevents mistakes. This pic isn't labeled but I use tiny Post-It notes to identify the width or pattern code.

Strips ready to be cut into lengths

In any case, you're doing beautiful work so ignore me at will. ;>

o

Beautiful quilt. I did this one in Courthouse Steps as Quilt as you go. Youngest son really liked it and took it with him when he left home to go away to college.
I haven't done any quilting since I posted the baby quilt last year. I am so busy right now but hoping to start quilting. I would really like to do Cathedral windows.
Anyway just wanted to drop in and say Hi and I'm sure I will be back to post when I start quilting again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here