Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbaratx

cupcake pot holder

barbaratx
14 years ago

Was just at my LQS and they had on display a pot holder shaped like a cupcake. It was made in 2 pieces - the cake part and the frosting part, then sewed together. It was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. I asked if they had a pattern, but they didn't, and when I asked if I could buy the demo, she said it belonged to someone else. Has anyone seen this, know where I can buy the pattern? I would love to make some for Christmas gifts.

TIA

Barbara

Comments (17)

• karpet
    14 years ago

Could this be the pattern? (scroll down to 'cupcake express')

Here is a link that might be useful: cupcake

• karpet
    14 years ago

Ohhh,ohhh, I think this is it!

Here is a link that might be useful: hot cakes 'cupcakes' oven mitts pattern

• barbaratx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

karpet, yes, that's it! Thanks so much, I'm going to order a pattern today.

• rosajoe_gw
    14 years ago

They are so cute!!!!!!

• fran66_ont
    14 years ago

I have the pattern. I can mail if you like. Frances

• barbaratx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fran66 - thank you so much for your kind offer, but I've already ordered it. Have you made very many of the pot holders?

• fran66_ont
    14 years ago

Haven't made it yet. I bought several patterns at Fonthill, Ontario. CA. called The Quilting Bee series.
    I'm baking up a storm for a bake sale next week at a Nursing Home.

• lockeb
    14 years ago

Frances,
    What kinds of patterns did you find - are they all dealing with baking..like the cupcakes..I'm looking for things like that and haven't been able to find anything around here - if you could let me know where I could find the patterns it would be great...you can always email me at billshomedecor@hotmail.com
    Bill

• nicole7_rocketmail_com
    12 years ago

I would love this pattern. If anyone has it would you share? Or e-mail it to me? Many thanks

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I am not The Quilt Police and I really did hesitate to post this because I know the reaction I may get, but the first page of our quilt forum asks us not to share patterns.

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing a design and trying to duplicate it, but if you need to use a pattern then just buy it. Somebody took the time to design and market it; they should get the benefit of the sale.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this. I understand that sometimes we get caught up in the enthusiasm of finding a pattern we like and share, just like we share bits of fabric and advice. But let's respect the quilter who designed the pattern.

Kate

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Don't feel bad about what you posted, Kate. I almost posted the same thing.
    Kylie, if you are new to the forum, I hope you don't feel bad either. You may have just been excited by seeing a pattern you liked and not thought about the pattern being something with a copyright.
    The cupcake patterns are very cute!
    Jeanne

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

Don't feel bad any of you.

But it's true - we need to respect pattern makers. It's their livelihood.

If I can look at something, think it through, and make it or something similar without a pattern, I will. And it's OK to buy used patterns at garage sales or GoodWill.

But it isn't OK to photocopy or scan and email a pattern.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Kylie has no home page - pretty sure this is not a legit member or post.

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Good catch Magothy!!!

Yes, pls. nobody feel bad, if this were our copyright we'd want it honored right? Let me rephrase that -- if it were mine I'd want it honored. I'd also remember that there can be legal consequences for not doing so.

• evymero
    12 years ago

Can anyone PLEASE help me....
    I did buy this cupcake potholder.
    I am doing my 1st one and trying to turn it where is says to leave open, well, I am finding that impossible to do.
    If anyone has done this potholder, can you please advise me as how to turn it?
    I even thought I'd leave the bottom open instead and a bigger opening. Still too hard to turn.
    Maybe there is some trick to it that I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

• susan_on
    12 years ago

Frances, I live near the Quilting Bee and go there too! They have tons of fabric and tons of patterns!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Evymero - I see you just joined GardenWeb today. Welcome to the forum!

I haven't done this pattern, but I find that for any small thing I have to turn, a chopstick works great to push out and shape it. Just get one little bit turned and slowly work it with the chopstick. Don't rush it, but be persistent.