Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbaratx

cupcake pot holder

barbaratx
14 years ago

Was just at my LQS and they had on display a pot holder shaped like a cupcake. It was made in 2 pieces - the cake part and the frosting part, then sewed together. It was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. I asked if they had a pattern, but they didn't, and when I asked if I could buy the demo, she said it belonged to someone else. Has anyone seen this, know where I can buy the pattern? I would love to make some for Christmas gifts.

TIA

Barbara

Comments (17)

• karpet
    14 years ago

Could this be the pattern? (scroll down to 'cupcake express')

Here is a link that might be useful: cupcake

• karpet
    14 years ago

Ohhh,ohhh, I think this is it!

Here is a link that might be useful: hot cakes 'cupcakes' oven mitts pattern

• barbaratx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

karpet, yes, that's it! Thanks so much, I'm going to order a pattern today.

• rosajoe_gw
    14 years ago

They are so cute!!!!!!

• fran66_ont
    14 years ago

I have the pattern. I can mail if you like. Frances

• barbaratx
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fran66 - thank you so much for your kind offer, but I've already ordered it. Have you made very many of the pot holders?

• fran66_ont
    14 years ago

Haven't made it yet. I bought several patterns at Fonthill, Ontario. CA. called The Quilting Bee series.
    I'm baking up a storm for a bake sale next week at a Nursing Home.

• lockeb
    14 years ago

Frances,
    What kinds of patterns did you find - are they all dealing with baking..like the cupcakes..I'm looking for things like that and haven't been able to find anything around here - if you could let me know where I could find the patterns it would be great...you can always email me at billshomedecor@hotmail.com
    Bill

• nicole7_rocketmail_com
    12 years ago

I would love this pattern. If anyone has it would you share? Or e-mail it to me? Many thanks

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I am not The Quilt Police and I really did hesitate to post this because I know the reaction I may get, but the first page of our quilt forum asks us not to share patterns.

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing a design and trying to duplicate it, but if you need to use a pattern then just buy it. Somebody took the time to design and market it; they should get the benefit of the sale.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this. I understand that sometimes we get caught up in the enthusiasm of finding a pattern we like and share, just like we share bits of fabric and advice. But let's respect the quilter who designed the pattern.

Kate

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Don't feel bad about what you posted, Kate. I almost posted the same thing.
    Kylie, if you are new to the forum, I hope you don't feel bad either. You may have just been excited by seeing a pattern you liked and not thought about the pattern being something with a copyright.
    The cupcake patterns are very cute!
    Jeanne

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

Don't feel bad any of you.

But it's true - we need to respect pattern makers. It's their livelihood.

If I can look at something, think it through, and make it or something similar without a pattern, I will. And it's OK to buy used patterns at garage sales or GoodWill.

But it isn't OK to photocopy or scan and email a pattern.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Kylie has no home page - pretty sure this is not a legit member or post.

• User
    12 years ago

Good catch Magothy!!!

Yes, pls. nobody feel bad, if this were our copyright we'd want it honored right? Let me rephrase that -- if it were mine I'd want it honored. I'd also remember that there can be legal consequences for not doing so.

• evymero
    12 years ago

Can anyone PLEASE help me....
    I did buy this cupcake potholder.
    I am doing my 1st one and trying to turn it where is says to leave open, well, I am finding that impossible to do.
    If anyone has done this potholder, can you please advise me as how to turn it?
    I even thought I'd leave the bottom open instead and a bigger opening. Still too hard to turn.
    Maybe there is some trick to it that I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

• susan_on
    12 years ago

Frances, I live near the Quilting Bee and go there too! They have tons of fabric and tons of patterns!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Evymero - I see you just joined GardenWeb today. Welcome to the forum!

I haven't done this pattern, but I find that for any small thing I have to turn, a chopstick works great to push out and shape it. Just get one little bit turned and slowly work it with the chopstick. Don't rush it, but be persistent.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor