Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Thanksgiving weekend...Nov. 22-25

lindaoh_gw
11 years ago

Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving? We enjoyed the day with our family. DSIL cooked a huge meal,turkey, ham, and all the trimmings. Today, Friday, we are eating leftovers and enjoying the grandbaby, 8 month old Eli.

I still have one more quilt to make and one that is waiting on the frame to be quilted for Christmas.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

Linda OH

Comments (5)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

We spent most of Thanksgiving Day with DD, her family and her in-laws. I didn't have to cook, bake or do any cleanup and DH got to play with the menfolk and their dirt bikes while I sat and visited with folks I hadn't seen in awhile and watch the little ones play.

As far as sewing/quilting, I'm hoping to finish one tomorrow.....as long as my eyes don't give me problems.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    11 years ago

We visited with my mom in rehab for about an hour and a half yesterday morning. She has contracted an intestinal infection called c-diff and is now in a private room until she isn't contagious. She wasn't feeling very well, which is why we didn't stay long.

We spent the rest of the day with DH's family in Lakeland. It was nice to visit with everyone, and of course we ate too much! :)

I just finished sewing a skirt and blouse out of a solid lilac. I'm planning to add some machine embroidery, so I need to pick a design and do a test stitch out. I have one more garment to go -a dress - then I think I'll sell my serger and give away most of my patterns. I just don't enjoy garment sewing that much anymore. I'm much happier quilting! :)

Donna

• polardream
    11 years ago

Had a great day yesterday, although I feel like I cooked and washed dishes all day! This morning DH went with me to JoAnns to buy fleece for students at my old school. They will make tied fleece blankets for Project Linus. We were in and out in 30 minutes - and we got 34 "cuts" of fleece! It was not crowded at all - I was really surprised!

DH is going to the hockey game tonight, so I plan to trim selvages and cut the corners tonight. This weekend I also want to test drive my "new" featherweight since I just got her back from having her tuned up.

Tomorrow I will put the Christmas lights up outside - supposed to be in the 60s! Should be a good night (and weekend)!
    Sue

• calliope
    11 years ago

Here in SE Ohio, we had just an absolutely beautiful Thanksgiving day. It was warm and sunny enough the bees were out of their hive. The meal was at our place this year and our family was around the table. Doesn't get much nicer than that. Friday............we all just relaxed.

I've no plans to burst out of the starting gate in full gallop this Christmas season. I'd like to go to JoAnns today, but lik Sue, am hesitant because it could be a stampede there today.

Yes, hope to work in the sewing room over the weekend. I took a day last week to go through my notions drawers and sewing boxes and sort and clean them out. I really didn't even know what I had. LOL I'm close to finishing the blue/cream carpenter's wheel top now, and have been enjoying the process and hope to finish the top over the weekend. The weather has taken a complete 180 and is to be blustery and cold. Good weekend to nest and sew.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

I finished my dress today. I decided not to add embroidery to the lilac outfit just yet. I'm not crazy about it so it will probably end up only being worn a few times, and I didn't want to spend any more time on it.

I cleared out my big pattern box...kept a few I really like and the rest will go to my next guild meeting. I also cleaned the serger and sent an ad for it to go in the guild's next newsletter.

Donna