Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

Finally done!

msmeow
10 years ago

Woohoo, the tiny tree quilt is finally DONE!

Finished size is 21 x 25. The pattern called for just a black border but I thought that was boring so did my own thing. I had this print fabric in my stash and it was just perfect!

There are 5 extra foundations so eventually I'll sew them up into a miniature for the silent auction at my guild's quilt show in 2015.

Donna

Comments (25)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

WOW!!!
    Theresa

• caroline94535
    10 years ago

That is amazing, and so beautiful. Was it paper-pieced?

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

WOW! That picture pops off my screen in 3D. Very nice!

Faye

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Oh, it's sooooo nice!!! It really inspires me to get back to my 'million mini piece' project! Nice to have it done to hang for Christmas

• grammyp
    10 years ago

AWESOME !! I cant believe you are willing to give it up after all that work.

beverly

• msmeow
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, Beverly, I'm keeping this one! The kit came with five extra foundations - those are the ones I'm going to make later into a mini for the guild! LOL

Donna

• Freda
    10 years ago

Wow, thats stunning! Looks so complicated to do.

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Ok, I misread it. I feel better now.

beverly

• lola99
    10 years ago

Wow, I can't believe how quickly you completed this top! I am very impressed. It looks wonderful. Congratulations on a great finish.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

That is just incredible! You did a fabulous job. You must be very patient.

• wanda_va
    10 years ago

Only a quilter could truly appreciate what an amazing masterpiece that is! You definitely have more patience than I do. Beautiful job!!

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

WOW Donna that is beautiful!!! The 3D illusion is amazing. PPing is such a pain in the buttocks to me but I love the finished project.

I think your choice of border fabric is much better than black.
    Rosa

• bee0hio
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done. I think I would prefer it with a black border, but that's just a personal preference.

I am currently working on George's "Interstellar Suite" miniature. It isn't as complex as I has anticipated, nor as compared to my "Glow in the Dark". I am finding I really like mini's and PP.

How many pieces, total, in this one?

• msmeow
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bee, I did Glow in the Dark in a class with George. This is the fourth one of his I've done; I ended up giving away the first three so that's why I'm keeping this one! LOL

It has 35 tree blocks with 71 pieces each, so that's 2485 in just the blocks, plus the setting triangles and borders.

Donna

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Donna, you've been working hard! It looks great and is done just in time for winter!

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Congrats on finishing it. It is so very intricate.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Gosh Donna,

Wow indeed, just extraordinary work, amazing to see it, extra TFS.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Applause and Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Two thousand, four hundred and eighty five pieces...incredible! The patience of a saint my momma would say.
    I like your border fabric choice; an awesome quilt!
    V.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations on the completion. I truly appreciate the hard work and dedication that it required to become such a lovely piece of work. I admire those who enjoy PP as I will never find it something I find a pleasure to do. I do appreciate the results not the process..

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Wow has been moved and seconded.
    LindaB/CA

• Vanislegirl88
    10 years ago

Wow! That's amazing!!

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

WOW,that stunning,you did a beautiful job with it.
    Tfs
    kathi

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Very Pretty! You worked so hard on this project and it shows.
    Very inspirational. Thank you for letting us follow along ~ I enjoyed watching your progress.

• polardream
    10 years ago

AMAZING! When you first showed us the blocks, I could not imagine finishing it, but you did, and it is just incredible.

Sue

• sunnycentralfl
    10 years ago

What an accomplishment! It is beautiful and impressive! Hope you show it at Guild this Monday night!

Gwen

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional