Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

Want to trade 5" "boy theme" blocks

beth_b_kodiak
11 years ago

I am doing a boy/western/farm/ranch theme quilt for my grandsons.

Would like to trade 5" squares of horses, cows, pigs, and cowboy boots for other animals, balls, trucks, cars, toys or other Boy type themed prints.

I'm agreeable to either the cut blocks or scraps big enough so I can cut a square or two from it

Thanks

bethb.

Comments (15)

• new2quilting
    11 years ago

Do you need horses, cows, pigs and cowboy boots only, and then you'll send the other themed? Or are you looking to swap a mix?

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OOOps, Sorry, Let me try to explain a little better.
    I have the cowboy boots, cows, horses, and pigs. I have started with them already but now think I need more variety. Actually I would trade for other animal or western themes too if someone had that.
    And, I'm saying blocks when I probably mean squares.
    I could trade between one and four squares of each. I bought a half yard of each fabric.
    I'm flexible about what I trade for. Just nothing pink or girley flowery.
    Hope that is a better explanation. Thanks for asking.

• polardream
    11 years ago

Beth, I may have some squares that I can send to you, but really don't need anything back. Is it okay of you only get one or two of an item? Or are you trying to include multiples of each print? I have made several "I Spy" type quilts and have some leftovers.

Sue

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I think I also have some western fabric that will also work. Let me double check tonight (I hope I can remember!!).

Robbi

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Sue and Robbi.
    Sue I sent you an email.
    Robbi, thanks for looking. A couple different western squares would be great. I'm getting more excited about this project.
    Thanks again
    Bethb

• grammyp
    11 years ago

I have duplicates of LOTS of blocks I will be willing to send you. Please e-mail me your address and I will get them out. It will be next week, but I will get them out.

beverly

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I just moved my sewing area a few weeks ago, and did a quick look last night and couldn't find the fabric. I know it is in there somewhere and will look more the end of the week when I have more time.

Robbi

• polardream
    11 years ago

Beth, I mailed your package today. I hope it arrives safely!

Sue

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This has been a lot of fun. Not fancy or complicated but working in the different parts of the family's old jeans and the various prints was just plain fun.
    Special thanks go to Sue who shared some delightful animal and child theme prints. They really added a lot. I'm mailing this to the boys on Monday and can hardly wait until spring to see them again.
    Backing is just blue fleece that I turned over the edge and blanket stitched in place.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Fun to look at, cozy to snuggle and family memories. All a quilt needs to be. Well done!

• polardream
    11 years ago

I am so glad you were able to finish for Christmas! It is really cute with the denim.

Sue

• bev2009
    11 years ago

It turned out adorable. I'm sure they will love it. And it means more with others pitching in to help.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Nice quilt, I'm sure they will love it.

beverly

• calliope
    11 years ago

Thumbs up on a dandy quilt for your boys. I made my g'son a denim quilt two christmases ago, and his girlfriend one last christmas. He loves his, and it was nowhere as cute as yours. Just a masculine quilt, and very practical.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

It turned out really cute. Denim is just the right thing for boys to romp around on and the different patches will be great fun to wonder through. I can see why you enjoyed making it. Great job. TFS

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner