Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I can't believe it's done!!

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 14:02

It's finally finished - Blushing Aspens tablerunner. I have never done such heavy quilting, and man, did it ever take a long time. I'm really happy with the outcome though. This is for my sis, and she has a long, very modern glass table that will set it off much better than my wood table does.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I can't believe it's done!!!!

Here's the quilting detail. I couldn't figure out how to post two photos in the same post.

o
RE: I can't believe it's done!!

WOW! That is stunning! Great job.

o

Lois, it's wonderful! Congrats on finishing it!

o

That's gorgeous! Congrats on getting another project done!

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Lois, is this a kit that has the quilting pattern included or did you create the quilting desing? I've never bought a kit or pattern and wondered how it worked.

o

Oh, and meant to say it is beautiful!

o

Bev, this is a quilt pattern that I saw in a book and then contacted the designer to buy the fabric because I couldn't find anything like it in the stores. It is hand dyed fabric. Frieda has many great kits, fabrics and patterns on her website www.friestyle.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frieda Anderson's website

o

That's gorgeous. You quilting is really beautiful. Good job.

I can't figure out how to post two pictures either. If anyone has mastered this, will you post an answer for us.

o

Your quilting is gorgeous and perfect! I see why it was so labor intensive and I stressful. I would have had to drink alot!
I think you are a Natural!
Your sis will love this -it will look spectacular on a glass table. Very modern and chic!

o

That is beautiful! Wow! And the quilting is amazing... I know your sister will love it!

o

This is beautiful! And the quilting you did is just amazing! If your sister doesn't want it (but I'm sure she will love it) you could pass it around here. Like the "sisterhood of the traveling table runner" or something of the sort? LOL!

Well done YOU!

Teresa

o

It is so beautiful..............The quilting is amazing.

o

You did a remarkable job. I remember when you first posted pic and the results are outstanding. Your quilting really makes it very special, your sister will charish it.Congratulations and TFS.

o

Beautiful! Your quilting is amazing!
Linda OH

o

Beautiful job! I know your sister will love it. I too was wondering if you followed a pattern for the quilting or did you just do it? I love the colors and pattern of the runner too.
darlene

o

Darlene, I had a close-up photo of a portion of the original runner made by Frieda Anderson and I also had a book of hers on free motion quilting. I looked at those and then drew in chalk a design to fit the space I was trying to fill. So, yes, I just did it, but I certainly had samples that I tried to follow.

The quilting on her original piece was incredible. It looked just like tree bark with knots in it. It was so beautiful. I only wish I could do something like that.

o

Lois, I agree with the others about your table runner and quilting. Exceptional!

SharonG/FL

o

YES!!! it is amazing! I would have a hard time letting it go Lois, even to a sister!
Rosa

o

You did an incredible job - I love the quilting designs. Your sister is sure to love it (if not, I will be happy to send my address, along with a postage paid envelope. :)

Sue

o

I am soooooooo (or is the seeeeeew) impressed with your quilting. The piece is beautiful in it's entirety, but the quilting is amazing!
LindaB/CA

o

WOW and OMG, the pattern, the fabrics and your quilting are all stunning, love the FMQ design wow again.... Congratulations!!!...Need another sister?...just asking :-)

V.

o

Thank you all, ladies, for your kind comments. I thought it was a really special design too, and I was so pleased that I was able to replicate it to the extent that I did. Frieda Anderson is so talented, and her patterns are just wonderful. My sister is so excited to have a piece that I made for her. She has made me a beautiful woven shawl that I treasure, so this is pay-back.

o

That is beautiful, especially the quilting!! Great job :-)

Robbi

o

That is stunning and the quilting is gorgeous. You must be proud.

o

Lois, your table runner is really beautiful. I remember when you first showed it. It looks fantastic and I think your quilting really complements the designs. Congratulations!
Lola

o

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the quilting detail....I am sure it took a while!!

And ladies (I say this cuz I seen mostly ladies asking), if you want to post more then one pic you have to use a picture hosting site. I like tinypic . com they allow you to pick a size you want to use once you have uploaded your pic to the host site you copy, cut and paste the link to it here and as many as you would like to share and voila...that is it!

:) Aqua

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here