Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

I can't believe it's done!!

loisflan
11 years ago

It's finally finished - Blushing Aspens tablerunner. I have never done such heavy quilting, and man, did it ever take a long time. I'm really happy with the outcome though. This is for my sis, and she has a long, very modern glass table that will set it off much better than my wood table does.

Comments (26)

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's the quilting detail. I couldn't figure out how to post two photos in the same post.

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

WOW! That is stunning! Great job.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Lois, it's wonderful! Congrats on finishing it!

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

That's gorgeous! Congrats on getting another project done!

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Lois, is this a kit that has the quilting pattern included or did you create the quilting desing? I've never bought a kit or pattern and wondered how it worked.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Oh, and meant to say it is beautiful!

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bev, this is a quilt pattern that I saw in a book and then contacted the designer to buy the fabric because I couldn't find anything like it in the stores. It is hand dyed fabric. Frieda has many great kits, fabrics and patterns on her website www.friestyle.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frieda Anderson's website

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

That's gorgeous. You quilting is really beautiful. Good job.

I can't figure out how to post two pictures either. If anyone has mastered this, will you post an answer for us.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Your quilting is gorgeous and perfect! I see why it was so labor intensive and I stressful. I would have had to drink alot!
    I think you are a Natural!
    Your sis will love this -it will look spectacular on a glass table. Very modern and chic!

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

That is beautiful! Wow! And the quilting is amazing... I know your sister will love it!

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

This is beautiful! And the quilting you did is just amazing! If your sister doesn't want it (but I'm sure she will love it) you could pass it around here. Like the "sisterhood of the traveling table runner" or something of the sort? LOL!

Well done YOU!

Teresa

• calliope
    11 years ago

It is so beautiful..............The quilting is amazing.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

You did a remarkable job. I remember when you first posted pic and the results are outstanding. Your quilting really makes it very special, your sister will charish it.Congratulations and TFS.

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Your quilting is amazing!
    Linda OH

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Beautiful job! I know your sister will love it. I too was wondering if you followed a pattern for the quilting or did you just do it? I love the colors and pattern of the runner too.
    darlene

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Darlene, I had a close-up photo of a portion of the original runner made by Frieda Anderson and I also had a book of hers on free motion quilting. I looked at those and then drew in chalk a design to fit the space I was trying to fill. So, yes, I just did it, but I certainly had samples that I tried to follow.

The quilting on her original piece was incredible. It looked just like tree bark with knots in it. It was so beautiful. I only wish I could do something like that.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Lois, I agree with the others about your table runner and quilting. Exceptional!

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

YES!!! it is amazing! I would have a hard time letting it go Lois, even to a sister!
    Rosa

• polardream
    11 years ago

You did an incredible job - I love the quilting designs. Your sister is sure to love it (if not, I will be happy to send my address, along with a postage paid envelope. :)

Sue

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

I am soooooooo (or is the seeeeeew) impressed with your quilting. The piece is beautiful in it's entirety, but the quilting is amazing!
    LindaB/CA

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

WOW and OMG, the pattern, the fabrics and your quilting are all stunning, love the FMQ design wow again.... Congratulations!!!...Need another sister?...just asking :-)

V.

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all, ladies, for your kind comments. I thought it was a really special design too, and I was so pleased that I was able to replicate it to the extent that I did. Frieda Anderson is so talented, and her patterns are just wonderful. My sister is so excited to have a piece that I made for her. She has made me a beautiful woven shawl that I treasure, so this is pay-back.

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

That is beautiful, especially the quilting!! Great job :-)

Robbi

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That is stunning and the quilting is gorgeous. You must be proud.

• lola99
    11 years ago

Lois, your table runner is really beautiful. I remember when you first showed it. It looks fantastic and I think your quilting really complements the designs. Congratulations!
    Lola

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the quilting detail....I am sure it took a while!!

And ladies (I say this cuz I seen mostly ladies asking), if you want to post more then one pic you have to use a picture hosting site. I like tinypic . com they allow you to pick a size you want to use once you have uploaded your pic to the host site you copy, cut and paste the link to it here and as many as you would like to share and voila...that is it!

:) Aqua

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County