Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19735161

Charity Doll Quilts, My Guild's latest efforts

User
10 years ago

Hi Folks,

My Guild passed on a request for quilts for this effort, so here's a few things I've just done.

A pieced top I was asked to finish off & given fabric for (this nice, brilliant blue).

Its reverse

It's the first I've ever birthed myself, like pillowcase & then turned inside out (no bindings) that IS what that's called, right?

(Sadly I forgot to smooth out the middle back, but it's a doll quilt, right?)

Another that came together from several orphan blocks, nice to put them to good use.

A donated backing fabric matched nicely.

I like to see this view as well; very cool seeing the front & back together.

Then lastly, this Disappearing 4 Patch whose tutorial I found on line a while back. Experimenting w/charm blocks I refer to as 'unfortunately colored'. This is fun to play with.

Didn't have enough border fabric to make binding, so I used this reversible binding I know, w/ blue on the front & pink on the back.

The donated back fabric wasn't quite large enough, so I pieced a strip down the back to make what I needed.

I make mostly larger, wall hanging size quilts, it's been very nice to complete a number of small things. Guess I really need to work on finishing a few more things; finishing feels sooooo good!

Comments (10)