Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using up the pieces....

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 4, 11 at 13:42

This is for the baby of a very special young lady I bonded with through Raina. Charmayne's Blessing....

The backing is flannel with white stars and moons..the white squares on the front have letters of the alphabet. I used various strips of novelty fabric for the border. It isn't very big....only about 37" x 48" but easier for him to carry it around when he gets big enough.

Photobucket

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using up the pieces....

Very nice, Sharon! It looks so soft and cuddly. Perfect for a little boy!

Donna

o

So pretty...nice cuddle quilt...You R so Sweet to do this!

Gwen

o

Very sweet! You are so nice to make this. The size is perfect! This little quilt is all boy! Nice job as always.

o

Thank you, Donna. I feel bad in using 'leftovers' for the border, but that's what I had.

Thank you, Gwen. I think it's cuddly, too. This gal was a tremendous help and eased my mind in 'being there' for Nick and Julie.

Marsha, Thank you. Now that I've made one, I like this size and also like it without batting and using flannel for the backing. It really does seem to be just right for a toddler to drag around.

SharonG/FL

o

If you don't tell them they are leftovers they will never know - it looks great! It looks cuddly and comforting.
Sue

o

When I saw the pic the lovely borders caught my eye first!!!!

I think small children love to drag around blankets, at least they do in my family!!!!! and he can use it year round.

Rosa

o

I thought you planned that border! lol - don't feel bad!
I need to try flannel as a backing - I just finished quilting a charity quilt for Salvation Army - I could have used flannel! darn! Our Guild dresses bears and makes kid size quilts-very cute - to give at Christmas. I still have to dress the bear. The size will finished at 36" x 45". I was using fabric I had on hand (yay ~ for me, since I don't have much of a stash.)I could have used flannel for the back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here