Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

QofTD 11/26/11 What's Santa's list?

magothyrivergirl
12 years ago

I want another package or two of the newish Clover Wonder clips . Susan Cleveland recommended them in a workshop I attended a few months ago. I used them for the first time yesterday and I love them! They have measurements on the flat side of the clip. They are small & flat, and do not distort the binding like the snappy things. I like them and want more!

What Quilting or sewing item(s) is on your list to Santa?

Here is a link that might be useful: Clover Wonder clips

Comments (10)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

OOoooo! I didn't know about Clover Wonder Clips but now that I do I want some too! (Has anyone mentioned recently that you are quite the enabler?!? LOL)

I was going to put a bolt of fusible Pellon on my wish list so I could get working on the T-shirt quilt, but Joann's had it as a Doorbuster today: $3.99 for a bolt. I bought enough to get me through 3 or 4 quilts so I don't need that anymore.

Not sure what else I need other than a fat quarter of every batik ever made.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I don't have any quilting stuff on my Christmas list. DH & I don't really exchange gifts...we buy when/if we need it.

But I did tell him the other day that I 'needed' a Kitchen Aid stand mixer! LOL It'll be delivered next week sometime, just in time for holiday cookie dough! (I've been having joint pain for sometime now, and it's getting worse. I figure the Kitchen Aid will come in very handy in the future!)

• msmeow
    12 years ago

My DH & I don't exchange gifts any more, either. We usually get a more significant item that we both want...one year it was the laptop, last year we got Kindles.

My BIL has my name for Christmas (the 7 siblings/sibs-in-law/niece draw names) and I told him a JoAnn gift card would be fine.

Donna

• karpet
    12 years ago

My straight pins are getting pretty sad looking, so I would like some of the quilter's glass head pins. And also some more of the basting safety pins. (That doesn't sound very exciting, does it?) I also need a new pack of rotary blades. That is my exciting list!
    Karlene

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

I have dies for my GO cutter and quilt books on my list. DH bought the cutter for me last year. I want some of the die shapes that are not easy to cut with the rotary cutter.
    Linda OH

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My DH and I don't exchange gifts either. We buy whatever we want through the year. My "list" is between me and Santa - and he knows I know how to use my Visa card!
    ho!ho!ho!
    I just used my 10 little Wonder Clips again to attach a narrow binding by machine and they are wonderful!

Kate ~ you have the best list! Imagine all the different fat quarters Santa can pick up along the way???? We can dream :)

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I think I would like to have some Red Snappers for my quilt frame, but really would like to try them first. So perhaps Santa can send me on a quilting products adventure.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Beverly, I just bought zippers for my frame-hope to get them sewn on in the next few days. The reviews I've read on the Red Snappers are very mixed - sort of a love them or hate them - just depends (but she has a very good return policy).....zippers.....if you know how to sew a zipper- whats to hate? Pinning kills my back-not to mention time consuming.
    A quilting products adventure- that's a very good request!:)

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

I was just reading an article about the many uses of zippers, along with their history, etc. With the article was a bag made of zippers, can you imagine? The article gave me an idea for a quilt made with with zippers, various types of pockets, and who knows what else? LOL!

As for a wishlist, how about all the free fabric and kits I'd like from keepsakequilting, and a paid vacation from work long enough to go to some warm, private island to use it all?

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

I hadn't heard of the Clover Wonder clips either. Will check them out for sure. I have slipped a hint to Santa that I would like an Accuquilt Go cutter. I have been thinking about it for about 2 months now and have decided I must have one. I was hoping for a good deal on Black Friday but no go. Will keep my fingers crossed for Cyber Monday.
    (I am my own Santa and am very good to myself!!)
    Murphy