Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Janome Horizon

Posted by sewmoody (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 13:21

Hi, I am a quilter and am interested in the Janome Horizon quilting machine. I was hoping someone here may have one and tell me how they liked it & would they recommend it? I have been drooling over it ever since I read about it on the back of the latest Sew News Magazine.
Thanks for any input you have...Wanda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Janome Horizon

I have seen it. Nice machine. I don't own one but I do recommend Janome products. I believe they make a great machine. I have a 9000, had a 8000 and wish I had stepped up with a Janome instead of my Baby Lock even though I mostly like that machine. Jayne

o

I agree with Jayne!
I have seen it too and have not heard anything but great reviews. I have an older Janome and I love it, never had any probs, except mine wants the same thread in the bobbin as the top so I happily try to oblige lol!!!!
My Singer died at 6 months, I used it a lot one weekend and the motor locked up. My Janome is a small work horse lol!!!
When I buy a new machine I will go with Janome again.
Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: HorizonReview

o

I don't have the Horizon either but I do have the Janome P6600 and just love love love that machine. Like the reviewer says the Horizon is a lot like the 6600 except for the wider harp area and a couple of other thing. And of course the cost is a bit higher...again I think. If you are in the market for a new machine...check out the 6600 when you look at the Horizon. IMHO you can not go wrong with a Janome. Quite a few of the ladies in my Guild have the 6600 and they also love it.
Murphy

o

Thanks everyone with your reply. I also, have heard good reviews about Janome being a very good machine. Haven't heard a lot about the Horizon tho. I hope to get to a dealer soon and see all of them...I'll definitely check out the 6600 too. We live in a small town, and no Janome dealer.
Wanda

o

Just purchased the Horizon last week. So far, so good. I have the 4th generation so the 1/4 inch bug has been worked out with a revised 1/4 foot. I really love the features. The things I found most annoying about sewing have been squelched. Still getting used to it.

o

I have a J 6600P and love it...even the price of it! All I do is sit down and sew...easier than the Bernina that is catching dust. The Janome Users Group on Yahoo has been a big help with info. The manual is not so detailed, but the ladies have figured out everything and are so helpful in sharing it.

You may want to check out the Horizon Yahoo user group. Have to register for that, but they have an active group with lots of helpful info....

Gwen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here