Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sewmoody

Janome Horizon

sewmoody
13 years ago

Hi, I am a quilter and am interested in the Janome Horizon quilting machine. I was hoping someone here may have one and tell me how they liked it & would they recommend it? I have been drooling over it ever since I read about it on the back of the latest Sew News Magazine.

Thanks for any input you have...Wanda

Comments (6)

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

I have seen it. Nice machine. I don't own one but I do recommend Janome products. I believe they make a great machine. I have a 9000, had a 8000 and wish I had stepped up with a Janome instead of my Baby Lock even though I mostly like that machine. Jayne

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

I agree with Jayne!
    I have seen it too and have not heard anything but great reviews. I have an older Janome and I love it, never had any probs, except mine wants the same thread in the bobbin as the top so I happily try to oblige lol!!!!
    My Singer died at 6 months, I used it a lot one weekend and the motor locked up. My Janome is a small work horse lol!!!
    When I buy a new machine I will go with Janome again.
    Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: HorizonReview

• murphy_zone7
    13 years ago

I don't have the Horizon either but I do have the Janome P6600 and just love love love that machine. Like the reviewer says the Horizon is a lot like the 6600 except for the wider harp area and a couple of other thing. And of course the cost is a bit higher...again I think. If you are in the market for a new machine...check out the 6600 when you look at the Horizon. IMHO you can not go wrong with a Janome. Quite a few of the ladies in my Guild have the 6600 and they also love it.
    Murphy

• sewmoody
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone with your reply. I also, have heard good reviews about Janome being a very good machine. Haven't heard a lot about the Horizon tho. I hope to get to a dealer soon and see all of them...I'll definitely check out the 6600 too. We live in a small town, and no Janome dealer.
    Wanda

• agnesd
    13 years ago

Just purchased the Horizon last week. So far, so good. I have the 4th generation so the 1/4 inch bug has been worked out with a revised 1/4 foot. I really love the features. The things I found most annoying about sewing have been squelched. Still getting used to it.

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

I have a J 6600P and love it...even the price of it! All I do is sit down and sew...easier than the Bernina that is catching dust. The Janome Users Group on Yahoo has been a big help with info. The manual is not so detailed, but the ladies have figured out everything and are so helpful in sharing it.

You may want to check out the Horizon Yahoo user group. Have to register for that, but they have an active group with lots of helpful info....

Gwen