Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Sophie's quilt is finished!!

loisflan
12 years ago

I just got my granddaughter Sophie's quilt back from the quilter this weekend. I am so delighted with her work. The Minky backing color is called "Mango." Isn't that the perfect description. I've decided to call the quilt "Sophie's Sunshine Quilt." Thanks for looking.

Comments (14)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

It's so beautiful. Those batiks are wonderful. Your quilter did a wonderful job.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Luscious color!!!! You picked the perfect shade for the backing. I agree, your quilter did a great job.
    Now, how are you going to wait until Christmas to give this to Sophie???lol

• fran1523
    12 years ago

I love it. Those batiks are luscious.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Lovily bit of sunshine! Sophie will be thrilled. Your quilted did a great job and didn't take very long. Nice. TFS Jayne

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

The colors are wonderful! So cheerful! It's a beautiful quilt.
    Linda OH

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hey Lois,

It's fabulous (I commented so on the other thread, before it was quilted), I'm a particular fan of batik & this color selection is so sunny & bright.

It happens I eat a lot of mangos (was raised w/ one in the neighbor's yard in Brazil). The name for the backing fabric color really IS perfect! I also really like the color of binding on that backing. A++ all around (the quilter too.)

• polardream
    12 years ago

Lois, Sophie's Sunshine Quilt is so bright and cheery - it will warm her and be so cuddly with the minky on the back! The colors are yummy - love the Mango! Your quilter did a great job.
    Sue

• gininmn
    12 years ago

Magothyrivergirl's description of it as "luscious" is so appropriate. Beautiful! With those colors and the silky soft minky backing, Sophie will be dreaming of sunshine when she sleeps under it.

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

It's gorgeous!!! perfect in every way, she will love it!
    Rosa

• lola99
    12 years ago

I love your quilt and the quilting is great!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Lois, What a beautiful sunshiny quilt!!!! Love the colors.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

It so warm and cheerful; and I am really impressed with the quilting! Minky isn't that easy to do 'fancy' quilting on.

Did you use 2 1/2 inch strips? This pattern looks like it would be perfect for a jelly roll.

Kate

• loisflan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for your kind, encouraging comments. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to my quilter.

Kate, the strips are 3 1/2 inches. The pattern might work with a jelly roll though, if you made the star blocks a little smaller. The background pieces of the block are also 3 1/2 inches. Maybe if you used 2 1/2 inch pieces, the proportions would stay pleasing.

• faintheart
    12 years ago

You can't look at that quilt and not smile! :-))) Beautiful colors and perfect pattern choice. The minky is perfect and looks so cuddly!

Deanna

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company