Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big Book of Quick Rotary Quilts

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 13, 10 at 13:08

I bought this book when I first started piecing tops after I retired. I did not know who Pam Bono was and did not realize that she uses small pieces in the quilts. She even makes sheep from small cut pieces!!
I have a lot of white scraps and I have cut some 2&1/2 x 2&1/2 for another scrappy IC (leaders and enders).
The Log Cabin in this book is gorgeous and calls for 550 white 1&1/2 x various lengths and the same 550 colored fabrics.
As much as I dislike cutting I am spending the weekend cutting, tagging, and bagging.
Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: Quick Rotary Quilts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big Book of Quick Rotary Quilts

Better you than me. At least we know you're not sitting in a bar this weekend.

o

This is one of my favorite books! And I love Pam Bono's patterns - she makes pieced patterns that look like paper pieced or even applique. In fact the 2 wedding tops I just finished are based on her patterns. (that's why there were a lot of little pieces!) There are still many of her patterns that are on my 'some-day' list.
She has a page on facebook and frequently posts discounts on her patterns.

o

Linda, that part may come Monday lol!!!! My back is already complaining.
Karlene, I made the baby carriage quilt from the book for my niece. Thanks for the tip about facebook, I'll have to check it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here