Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quilt I made this month

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 12:53

The name of this queen size quilt is Victorian Melody. The fabric is extra fabric I purchased 20 years ago to make one of the daughters brides maid dresses from.

I planned on at that time making a quilt from the same fabric. Finally now that I have more time I have made it.

I had it machine quilted. Twenty years ago I used to hand quilt all of my quilts and working full time it would take me a year to do one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quilt I made this month

Beautiful and full of memories as every quilt can be.

o

Very lovely quilt, Loralee. Talk about a long time in the planning stage! I'm glad you were finally able to make it, and machine quilting is a perfectly good alternative when time is an issue. Is this quilt for your daughter or will you keep it for yourself?

o

That combination of material is very effective. Never would have thought of it, but I like it .......a lot. Someody did a nice quilting job for you. TFS

o

Very pretty! I love the colors.
Donna

o

The dark fabric is a burgandy and it is the same color in the center of the pink roses.

The quilt will either be for the daughter or the granddaughter. I have made each of the girls quilts for their wedding and have been working on each of the granddaughters quilts.

o

Nice pattern and beautiful colors. It's a wonderful quilt.
I like it. TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Very nice! Doesn't it feel good to finish something that was so long in the planning? I'm sure many of us have those projects......somewhere....

Teresa

o

It does feel great to have the planned quilt finished. I had decided to buy an armoire to put a lot of my fabric in.

I had it in boxes in the attic and never could find anything. So, when I needed fabric I would go buy more.

Then came the process of moving and sorting the fabric!! I found 2 other quilts that I had planned and forgotten about. Fabric little mock up done of each quilt.

o

The quilt is lovely. You did a great job to get it done after all this time. How about a picture of your mock ups? We never get tired of pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here