Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

Linda's craft corner

toolgranny
11 years ago

I needed a quick craft gift for an exchange. So I stuffed fabric inside a glass ornament.

You just cut squares with pinking shears (or not) and poke them inside with something like a skewer. Put right side out. The little squares seem to settle right against the glass. To keep them in place, I also stuffed ribbons of batting in middle. Too easy.

You've all probably been doing this for years and just didn't tell me.

Comments (17)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Wow, that's pretty! And so easy, too. Thanks!

Donna

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

That's cool! I like that idea, TFS!

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Well that's just too pretty and easy... thanks for sharing!
    V.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

This is a very cute idea! And new to me - thank you!
    I love your pictures!!

• murphy_zone7
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I see those clear glass ornaments and always wonder....what could I do with those!.
    Now I know and what a wonderful way to use those little scraps of Christmas fabric.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Now isn't that just the cutest thing. Perfect for a quilter. Thanks for sharing, it is new to me, too.

beverly

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Too cute and very easy!

But, I'm disappointed! I thought you were going to show us pics of your "craft corner" in your house - you know, that room or corner in the basement where all the magic happens.
    :o(

I want to see your machines up and ready and the woodworking tools lined up at attention, etc. etc.

Teresa (pouting)

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Teresa, I can only show you my sewing room. The workshop downstairs with the heavy tools is top secret. If you want to visit San Francisco, I'll give you a personal secret tour, though.

I know - you'll tell me I need more sewing machines.

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Hmmm....I do see some empty spots where you could fit in another machine?

My sewing room looks just as nice as yours - if you don't count the piles of fabric, batting, projects, books/magazines, etc. covering all flat surfaces and the floor.

Teresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Linda, How do you keep that wonderful clear area on your cutting mats???? When I get down to about a 20 inch clear spot, I have to start clearing......again. But, I suppose that's what happens when a person works on multiple projects at the same time.......sigh.

SharonG/FL (Oh, I hadn't seen this cute crafty thing either)

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

Never heard of this what a great group gift to take to a guild or group. Thanks
    it would be fun to use all the pieces needed for a block so whn they open it they have something o make
    a little gift tag could be made with the photo of the block on the outside

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I love the pic frozen on the TV lol!! and look at that view from the window, gorgeous!! My cutting table is totally hidden at the moment, I know it's there some where.

I love, love, love, the ornaments. My Dawg crazy sister with the Dawg Christmas tree would be so happy.
    Rosa

• polardream
    11 years ago

Very clever idea - love it! I love your sewing room, too. Someday I can have a room for just sewing ... gotta get my son to move his stuff out of here to his own house!

Sue

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

I haven't seen this before. It looks great. And another wow added to how neat your sewing room is!

What's the mystery wood working equipment? A friend makes adirondack chairs in her basement. Are you a furniture maker?

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Cute idea, and so easy, too! Love you sewing space, also.

Robbi

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Your sewing room is very neat and tidy! I see room for a few more machines also :)

Is that a sneak peak of the Signature Wedding Quilt??

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wedding quilt almost done and no, Sharon, it never is this clean. Do you think I'd have posted a picture of this space with several projects going on. It's piled deep most times. LOL

Hope to have a quilt to post very soon. Binding going on today. Boy I'll be glad to spread fabric all over that table again.