Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Our members

rosajoe_gw
12 years ago

I think it is great that we are getting to be an active forum again!!!

This forum is not the easiest to post pics on, or messages sometimes, and I (and I know everyone else does too) really appreciate everyone taking the time to post.

Thanks for being a great place to hang out!!!!! This is still my favorite forum.

Rosa

Comments (68)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I'm here all the time, believe it or not! I open up a window in the morning and check in multiple times a day.

You don't see me post so much because 4 young kids keep me a little bit busy! LOL I haven't gotten too much time to sew recently, but still need to post of my projects from Retreat. That's the only time I have guaranteed to sew!!

This is 'quilting home' for me too! And it's nice to see everyone making friends and getting together face-to-face when they can!

• anitastitch
    12 years ago

I like this forum a lot--There's always something to learn and/or be inspired by. And no one seems to mind if you're a fair weather contributor (at least I hope not) :)

• bonnie_nmi
    12 years ago

Hi All -

I have been a Garden Web member since 2004. I joined the Quilting forum in 2007 looking for advice on a wedding quilt for my son's wedding that summer. I haven't been very active lately due to family obligations, but I check in frequently to see what the rest of you are doing. One of these days I'll get caught up posting my projects and get back in the active loop. Meanwhile, I enjoy seeing what the rest of you are doing.

Bonnie

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

So far I have counted 22 names. I know there are more then that who visit. Haveing fun reading these post. Jayne.

• vicky4x4
    12 years ago

I'm still around and check in often. I'm just in a strange stage of life right now, taking care of my elderly mother in law and my teens! Sorry I haven't been able to be as active as I like. This is the first forum I ever joined, I started over in square foot gardening (thus the 4X4) then I went to the composting forum, then I found this quilting forum and have really found a home here.

Miss you all,
    Vicky

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

It's home for me too! I check it first thing each morning and several times during the day. The past week I've been busy with a conference and couldn't be here at all; I missed you all so much!

It's good to see so many names here that I haven't seen posting recently. I'm very happy to know you're still with us even when you aren't posting.

I'm thinking of baking a cake today; wish you could all stop by and join me!

Kate

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

GardenWeb is my favorite site to visit! I check at least one posting nearly every day. So many nice quilters here.
    Jeanne

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Thank you ALL for providing instruction, information, inspiration and encouragement!!! I love seeing your wonderful works and knowing that I can come here after a stress-filled day and find beauty and joy in each of you. I don't post as often as I probably should but know that I sincerely appreciate all of you and your kind sharing.

Deanna

• colleenny
    12 years ago

I have been a member since 2005. I check in every once in awhile and post occasionally. ColleenNY

• calliope
    12 years ago

I started visiting this forum in 2006.........not here as much as I used to be, but still check in on a regular basis. It's because of the folks on this forum that quilting has become a part of my life. I don't think it would have happened without your encouragement and inspiration.

• itsmesuzq
    12 years ago

Although I don't post often I always peak into this forum first thing in the morning. I always remember how welcoming and kind you all were when I was just starting out on my quilting adventure. This month celebrates my 3rd year of quilting. My passion hasn't waned one bit. Quilting is still my favorite thing to do and I still marvel at how I continue to improve.

And I owe it to all the wonderful folks here. Their patience, encouragement and inspiration mean so very much! This is such a wonderful place!

Susan

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I love reading the responses of those who have been encouraged on their quilting journey by this forum.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Before I came here I didn't even consider making a quilt that required half-square-triangles! Seemed way too hard to keep them from getting warped. Now I'm willing to try almost anything. That's because of all of you!

Kate
    (I'm not a big facebook fan, but I wish we had a "like" button on posts so I could click on it to show that I appreciate the comments.)

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

I haven't posted much lately havve a few things in the gallery. This subject inspired me to go thru just those posting in the 14th and 15th threads and compile a list.
    Quilters 11-15
    ajkopelika
    anitastitch
    benken
    bonica
    bonnie_nmi
    buteau3rd
    cannahavana
    carol_from_ny
    chickie1
    colleenny
    cziga
    dan_the_mailman
    day2day
    dian57
    downsouth
    enjoyingspring
    faintheart
    faytay
    finchelover
    fran1523
    geezerfolks
    gininmn
    grammyp
    hazelnutbunny
    itsmesuzq
    jackier123
    jennifer_in_va
    justamomofsix
    k8orlando
    karpet
    kathi_mdgd
    kay_in_pa
    Kitah4911
    lafonda_ranch
    lindaoh
    loisf
    lola99
    macbeaner
    magothyrivergirl
    mary_c
    micyrey
    murphy_zone7
    nanajayne
    nannykins
    patti60
    paulah-gardener
    polardream
    quiltingfox
    quiltpartner
    redrosey_2008
    ritaweeda
    rosajoe
    rosajoe
    salijo
    sandlapper_rose
    sometimequilter
    sunnycentralfl
    teresa_nc7
    tinyteena
    toolgranny
    tuppermom
    vasu_texas
    vicky4x4
    wynative

Might have missed a few

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

I've been a GW member since summer 2003, but didn't discover this forum until 2006. I got inspired and never left! I haven't been doing much lately because all my stuff is packed up for our renovation. Plus, I have been looking for employment for going on 3 months now. Hope to get back to it in the new year. My knitting needles have been on fire lately.

Rebecca

• sloth003
    12 years ago

here is another (almost daily) lurker. hi.

• loisflan
    12 years ago

I joined this forum just a couple of months ago when I started quilting. It's been a great source of encouragement and inspiration. I check it daily.

Thanks, Minnie, for the list of posters - over 60 members posting in just a couple of days. I think that's great!

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

loisf
    I mught have given a wrong impression.
    I opened each thread that was on the forum for the 14th some of the postings wentway back so while there may be 60 they did not all post in just one or two days.
    I love lists lol

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

What an impressive list. A lot of work there minnie.
    After seeing all the dates people have posted makes me wonder when I started coming here, but when ever it was I am so glad that I did because everyone is special.

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

How did I miss this thread?!

Oh, I know - I'm still recovering from the visits - Stepson and his daughter (5) from Japan. She understands English, but was very shy about speaking it. Our son Paul came to stay, too. And of course, the wife-in-law and her husband. WIL and her DH were here for four days, the others for 12.

Granddaughter Mayu eventually asked to sew something, and has gone home with a handmade potholder for her Mom.

I've been here on the forum since it first began. I find it friendlier and more helpful than most others, so I consider this my quilting guild.

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

A few years ago some posters complained that there was too much conversation on the forum and asked that another link be set up for that purpose. I think it lost a lot o its charm and it is easy to foget tht there is a link to conversations. I checked and the oldest page there is 2006 can't believe it was so long ago it was quite a controversary at the time I suppose tht is where this thread belongs. Let's not forget to check Conversations everyday !!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I don't think this belongs in the conversation area at all! This is about quilting and this forum. If it wasn't about quilting, then yes, the Conversation side would be appropriate. However, there are times when something wonderful or drastic has happened that we want everyone to know about. Since a lot of members don't even know about the Conversation area, it doesn't bother me when OT is put in the Subject line and posted here. I don't remember who the complainers were.......

SharonG/FL

• salijo
    12 years ago

I check in every once in a while. But I already see my name on the list!
    :)
    Salijo

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

doesn't bother me when OT is put in the Subject line and posted here. I don't remember who the complainers were.......
    I'm with you Sharon I don't remember either . We are one family and all sitting around tking a stitch or two . . . .

• wanda_va
    12 years ago

Good Morning! I haven't been around much--life got in the way--but I check in on a regular basis to see what is going on. I started on this forum in 2002.

I will try to be more active in the future because I really like it here. (And I was never a complainer, and love the OT posts!) Blessings to All!

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I agree with Sharon!!! Anything related to quilting or the members fam is of interest to me.

We are not active enough to use the conversations or gallery area any more and sometimes it is a pain in the buttocks to even post on this side of the forum.

I think the complainers have left, I love the peace and pics lol!!!!!

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I love this place and OT are very interesting for the most part. I have rarely gone to conversations and probable wont. Quilting is what brings us here but the people are what keeps us here. Please don't decide to change but just keep coming and sharing. Jayne.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

On the gardening forum we used the Conversations page a lot and I often checked it to get in on the newest chat. On this forum we don't go far enough off topic for it to be used much I guess. Because I was used to it at that forum it wouldn't seem like an effort to use it here (It's just one click away) but only if others used it too.

• nanny98
    12 years ago

I have been over at the KT for many years and recently (5=6 years ago) got bit by the quilt bug. I mostly lurk; Love your "lessons" and photo's and links to other quilting places. I'm still very much a quilter-wanna-be and am signing up for classes at our RV park where we are wintering in Arizona. I lurk almost every day and think I learn something frequently. BTW.... I love it that everyone is so nice both here and in every quilt store I have visited. I have a fabric addiction that I have faithfully fed for 45 years.

• bee0hio
    12 years ago

I stop in now & again. And today, lo & behold one of my old threads had popped up! :-) This is a great forum. I must remember to come here more often!

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Today, our forum is my little island of sanity in the chaos that is all around me while I'm at work. Just when I think it can't get any worse.....it does.

I joined the GW back in 2002, I think, and I'm most active here and on the cooking forum. Wish I had time for Winter Sowing and Cottage Gardening - maybe when I retire. I've loved meeting our members at the Retreat and hope I'll meet more.

Although I don't post a lot about my private matters, I know I have sympathetic ears here or through emails. I love to get feedback/opinions on projects and hear your ideas.

Teresa

• Vanislegirl88
    12 years ago

I've been a member here for a number of years also, but do more lurking than posting lately. I check in here almost every day from work. You all have provided inspiration for me for many quilts. Life has been busy. Will try to be more active. :-)

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Hello Kids! I've been on the GW for awhile now, mostly over in the round robin forum. A bunch of us gardeners realized we had quilting/sewing in common too, so we started a group called Seeds-n-Stitches, where we have monthly swaps and a lot of conversation. After we had that going, I found THIS forum...lol!!! Isn't that just the way it goes???
    I like this forum because of the ideas and pictures that get posted. It's nice to see what everyone is working on, pretty inspirational too!
    I've been sewing since I was about 13 or 14 (Mom made me learn how to darn my socks), so that'd be over 30 years now. Huh. I've mainly done quilts, but I've been known to make my own clothes too. Shirts aren't that bad to make, but for some reason pants and shorts just don't come out right for me. They're either too tight, or I look like I've had myself an accident in the back end...lol! I think it's been about 20-25 years since I've tried to make a pair.
    About 8 years ago I made a bargello quilt, and although it was a lot of work, I'm rather proud of it. My next two big projects are a king-sized postage stamp quilt, and a lone star quilt of the same size. We'll see how far I get on those this winter, eh?
    Talk to you all later!
    Dan

• cygram
    12 years ago

Hi I first joined this forum in 2004 but wandered away a couple of years ago.I have decided this is the best forum I've seen so I'm back.I haven't been making any large quilts for awhile now because I moved into a smaller place and just don't have the room.I'm still doing small projects like table runners,placemats etc.Nice to see so many familiar names still on here.

• glassquilt
    12 years ago

I remember the 2007 dustup. - it was terribly disturbing to me. This is the first quilting forum I joined in '05. Cannot say enough how enjoyable it was and how supportive the members were when I needed it. Nice to know members are again comfortable with all thing 'quilty'.

• tdsully
    12 years ago

I'm mostly a lurker, but I've done several birthday swaps and the applique/paper piece lottos. I've enjoyed getting ideas and being inspired to try new things. I've love the people here. I think I've been member since 2002. Once you have posted pictures it really isn't too difficult but, I don't post enough to remember how and have to relearn each time.LOL I guess I need to post more.

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Wow! Its really nice to see some of the names I haven't seen in a very long time. I don't recall how many years I've been coming here, but the past couple have been sketchy due to personal life changes, blah, blah, but I've been back for a few months now.

Like someone else said, this is my guild. None of my friend quilt, so you guys are it baby(s).

I've met several of you in person and like Teresa, hope to continue to meet more.

And Bon... remember that sig block swap?..hahahaha

I'm back to popping in at least once EVERY day. Sometimes I have something to say... sometimes I just try and catch up with everyone else.

Still my favorite website.

Cheers!
    Faye

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I am thrilled to see that so many people stop by everyday. (Rosa, starting this post was BRILLIANT! Thank you!) Sometimes when things are slow here I feel like there's only a few of us but now I'll know that lots more keyboards are turned this way. Often when I post a reply to someone it's not because I have a lot to add, it's just my way of saying "I hear you and want you to know someone is listening". I look at it as 'feeding the fire'. Kind of like tossing a couple small logs into the fireplace to keep it going, even if I'm not going to be sitting in front of it until later.

Kate

• bonica
    12 years ago

AH!!! FayTay!!! Yes I remember the sig swap! Red and I got together to stop the war we had going, that "who me?" started. LOL! 26 members in that swap. That's when I learn that Canada is not on this planet!!!!!!!
    Bon
    :)

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I agree it is great to know that we still have a LOT of members! I'm so glad many have come back, I don't have any quilters to share with either, so yes, yous guys are it lol!!!

I was concerned for a while that we would lose the forum for lack of interest.

We have talented, warm, and friendly members that are all willing to share their opinions and knowledge. Let's all work together to keep it that way!
    Rosa

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Bump - just for fun!

I was looking for something else and came across this post from November 2011. It was fun once again to see how many people are really 'out there' lurking and enjoying the forum even if they aren't posting. So I want to say HI! to all who are here, even if I can't see you. Big hugs to all for being part of this great on-line family.

Kate

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

How did I miss this? I check pretty much daily. This is the only quilting forum I belong to. I think I joined about 2004 or 2005. I originally started in organic gardening, hence the name. Great to see some still coming even though they haven't posted in a while.

Cheers, Tamie

• amazingcm
    11 years ago

I have been here for a long time also.. Really it was what got me quilting.. I started when we did the strolling the blocks BOM.. Lots of swaps and lotto and Secret Stitchers.
    I still stop in once in a while and do miss this group. It was my quilt guild as well. Still quilting all the time.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

I'm relatively new to the forum and honestly...it's the only one I'm really interested in reading. I don't check as frequently as many of you, but do try at least every other day. It's my first and only forum and I so enjoy it! Love the pics, love the advice and love the block lotto!
    Valarie

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

When I have time I'll update the list to include newbies

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

I hit this forum at least daily, wanting to know who's doing what, and where they're getting their ideas...lol!
    Yep, I'm addicted!
    I don't have a new quilt or idea to show off today, so I thought I'd let you all see what my cat Bump showed me the other day, it's his new magic trick! His Majesty has apparently learned how to levitate, but needs to hang on to the desk so he doesn't just float away! Cool, isn't it?
    Dan

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Thank you Kate for bringing this back up. Love reading it again. Everyone here is my friend and love hearing from and about them. We all come from such diverse situations and interest with a span of ages that it makes for a wonderful mixture. It is the only quilt site I visit anymore unless someone leads me to something of interest.
    Thanks everyone for being here and sharing.

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Bumping this back up.
    Re-reading a lot of old posts, as I lie in bed getting over my latest fall.
    Recognize lots of names. And that the feelings expressed are still out there.
    Theresa

• meldy_nva
    9 years ago

I joined Gardenweb wa-a-ay back (not long after it first went on-line) but lurked for a year or so until I began to post on the new-to gardening and then the Party forums (or maybe it was the other way around); and I honestly don't remember when I changed from lurker to poster on this forum - maybe when I retired? I admire those who can give a precise year that they clicked onto this forum!

Still working on that out-of-my-box quilt, but the end is finally in sight. It's been delayed by a short hospitalization, a long bout with the flu, and then my decision to add some applique. DH helped spread it out last night so I could check for square. He didn't understand why I was unhappy that one row (in the middle) is 1/2" longer than the rest; not saying I pouted, but I certainly whined about it! When I explained that I'm used to being no more than 1/16" off, he just shook his head. Non-seamsters just don't understand. :)

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

It's fun to see this thread refreshed with new posts. I still love this forum too and even when I'm not posting, I'm here every day just to check out what's going on.

Kate