Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

Clover needle threader

toolgranny
14 years ago

OMG! Have you seen this thing? A friend brought it to class and I bought one for myself right away. You stick the needle in a hole with eye down, any which way it's turned, and push a button and a loop of thread goes into the eye. You pull it out carefully and pull more of the loop and there you are.

For old tired eyes like mine, it is such a Godsend. It saves me a lot of time. Worth the investment to me.

Disclaimer - I do not own stock in this company nor gain financially in any way - darn.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clover needle threading gizmo

Comments (15)

• salijo
    14 years ago

I actually already have a website bookmarked to purchase this very item in the next week or so.
    Salijo

• msmeow
    14 years ago

Those gadgets have been around forever...I remember having one when I was first learning to sew some 40 years ago! Now the eyes are getting so that I probably need another one! LOL

Donna

• grammyp
    14 years ago

I have wondered if they really work, thanks for the info. My eyes aren't what they once were either. Think I will get me one.

beverly

• qmab
    14 years ago

I use Piecemaker applique needles which are excellent for applique and I would not use any other. Without this threader, I would never be able to thread these needles. It sometimes takes more than one try, but I cannot thread these without this gadjet. Love it.

• maggie_sue
    14 years ago

I have this item also, but mine only works with their needles??? Does your work with any kind of needles?

• salijo
    14 years ago

oh, my mistake. This isn't what I had bookmarked after all. I was looking at the Clover Self-Threading needles.

http://www.daystyledesigns.com/cheaterneedles.htm

Salijo

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mine seems to work with any needles. I don't know how long this has been around but it might have saved me on buying all these glasses trying to thread those darn small needles. I love it. I can thread many needles ahead of time and I feel so efficient.

• bozogardener
    14 years ago

Oh, I need to get one. Threading has become so difficult lately!

• cbcquilter
    14 years ago

I had something similar that I got a few years back but it didn't work very well on my quilting needles. Seems like the eye of the needle was too small. If this one works on all sizes I'll have to check it out.

• sometimequilter
    14 years ago

Sounds good. I'll have to get one.

• lilypad22
    14 years ago

I had seen this at JoAnns fabrics one time and was wondering if it really worked. Count me in as having trouble threading needles now too! Thanks for letting us know! tish

• magothyrivergirl
    14 years ago

I just saw this gadget in a class today - two ladies each had one. It didn't work on someone else's needle, which had a huge eye, but they look really cool - I want one! I use the little foil thing with a thin wire at the end, but my eyes are starting to have trouble putting the wire thru the eye!

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The only needle I couldn't thread had a big eye. So, maybe that's the negative. But, big eyes I can see to thread. If it works on all my small needles, I'm happy.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    14 years ago

Wish i knew about this when I ordered the bendable light they have on sale. I also have reading/magnifying glasses around....last pair is clip-on/flip-up....kind of cool actually. @:)

Sharon

• User
    14 years ago

I bought one of these at a quilt show. It's a lifesaver. I wish someone would invent one to retrofit on my sewing machine. I'm at the point now where I just aim and pray. Many times.