Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Folded back curves pics

rosajoe_gw
12 years ago

This is from a pattern by Annette Ornelas. I was given her book as a gift years ago and just now decided to try it. This is is not in her book, but after I played with the patterns in her book I was able to make the dragonfly.

The block is only 6&1/2 and with the double fabric to fold back and make the curves it is already heavy.

My baby sis loves dragonflies so this will be for her NEXT bday in November 2012. That gives me plenty of time to hand stitch the curves!

Plan ahead right lol!!!!!!!

Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: CurvesWithoutPiecing

Comments (7)

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Very nice. Sort of looks like Cathedral Windows technique. Good luck, it looks like a winner. Jayne

• msmeow
    12 years ago

That's pretty, Rosa. I have one of those turned back curve patterns...someday I'll get around to making it. I think you can machine stitch the turned back parts, can't you?

Donna

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

that's an interesting technique and makes a cute block. I'll have to try that one day.

Nice colors. Your sister will love it.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I have not tried the folded back thing and not sure I will but I like this block. Very clever! I'm a dragonfly fan too!

Kate

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes you can sew them down with the machine but it is easier for me to sew them by hand.

It is like the Cathedral Windows pattern!

I'm going to mix up other blocks with this one for the quilt. It is time consuming and the pieces are small. AND the extra fabric makes it heavy.

I think this would be way to heavy for a full size quilt. Maybe that's why most of her patterns are wall size lol!!!!

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Rosa, I made a good-sized cathedral window quilt once. I think it was probably double size, and all hand sewn. It weighed a TON! And when I washed it, it all came apart, so it went right in the trash. Haven't tried CW since. :)

Donna

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

OOh Donna! What a terrible story! All that work, just to have to toss it.

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals