Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

I'm back!

grammyp
10 years ago

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes everyone. Doc said the gall bladder had been inflamed for a while and had adhered to the liver, so it had to be cut away. I have a history of this, my tonsils were adhered to my throat and had to be cut away, too. We got home about 1:30 yesterday afternoon and I slept the afternoon away. Tim and Sara took care of the grands last night and got them off to school this morning. Today I got a shower, Tim changed my bandages and I have walked around the house several times. Most of the discomfort is from the air they pumped in and that is getting better. No lifting or straining for 7 days so Tim will be carrying the laundry up and down the stairs for me. Gonna take another walk, eat some lunch, then take another nap. I should be back at the machine in a day or two and recovered in about a week.

beverly

beverly

Comments (15)

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Glad you're feeling better, Beverly. Be sure to take it easy for a while. Everything can wait for another day (except the grands and you seem to have that covered). Lois

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Take your time in getting back into the swing of things. Let the grands wait on you so they'll understand how it is when the whole family pitches in to help during times like this. They can slide the laundry basket down the stairs....next thing you know, they'll be 'in' it going down the stairs! lol Do a lot of napping as you know the body heals better when at rest. Peace, my friend.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Woohoo! So glad you are feeling better. Take care!

Donna

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

So glad that is all over. I know you will be back on your feet right away. But, take it easy while you have Tim there to help. We're all thinking of you.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Saying a little get well prayer just for you.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Glad to hear such good news Beverly. Take care and rest!

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

today you know to and feel like resting. Don't let tomorrow or the next day cause you to do too much too soon! (Ask me how I know this..) Go ahead and give yourself permission to relax.

• wanda_va
    10 years ago

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. Take care of yourself and get a lot of rest.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations on your successful operation. Glad to hear everything came out well. Don't rush into too much too fast. Let other take care of you for a while. Rest and more rest...and get back to the sewing machine.

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

Glad to hear it! I always heard people got shoulder pain from the carbon dioxide that was pumped in the abdomen. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Keep resting -- let your family take care of each other. :)
    I know Tim has a handle on it all.
    If you keep your PJ's on all day, they know you don't feel 100%!

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Let others wait on you....Rest and relax and before you know it you'll be back at the machine creating! Glad all went well.
    V.

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Fantastic. You sound like Wonder Woman. I'd probably just lay there groaning. Glad everything is back in working order.
    LindaB/CA

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just a minor setback, seems I had a reaction to the tape on the bandages and now have red spots all over my abdomen. But a little Benadryl is helping with that. I squared 2 quilts and cut some binding today. I never realized how interconnected all our muscles are, but the 4 holes let me know they weren't happy, so I quit after that. Tomorrow we have to attend a continuing education class for 3 hours. It's the last one available this year, so gotta go. I should be able to sit for 3 hours with no problem. Maybe even get lunch on the way home. Yay, getting better!

beverly

• polardream
    10 years ago

So glad things are getting better. I can't imagine going through that - and not being a baby about it!

Take it easy and glad you are on the mend.
    Sue

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!