Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

QOTD - Fabric

ritaweeda
9 years ago

I've been looking through my stash for some really special fabric for this project I'm doing and the thought came to me - who oh why didn't I buy like 10 yards of this? This one particular one is so stunning and I did buy probably 3 yards of it, I mean I went gaga over it and didn't have a clue what to do with it. But I only have maybe 1/4 yard left and they don't make it anymore. So have any of you had that one heart-stopping fabric that you now realize you should have bought more of it??

Comments (7)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Not any more. There are very few fabrics that I get excited about, but I have been known to milk a few right down to the last inch! lolol

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

I've finally learn to get a handle on that urge, but it comes with a price.
    The most I buy now is a 1/2 to 1 yard and most of the time it's part of a collection. But here's the price, I sometimes love it too much to want to cut it! The reason I've restricted myself is I've learn I really don't need much to assemble a top. So it's a dilemma.... One I created for myself... LOL!

• msmeow
    9 years ago

I was making a baby quilt for my DH's boss's grandbaby and I just KNEW I had enough of the adorable red print with vehicles all over it. Of course, I didn't. :( Fortunately I found a yard on Etsy and was able to finish the quilt!

Donna

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

My buying just because I have to have it are in the past but there were some basic fabrics that I used often that I wish I had bought more of. Now its buy what is needed to work with what I have. Too big a stash that needs managing.

• FlamingO in AR
    9 years ago

Yep, I've felt like that a lot of times. I check Ebay and Etsy and I search online (quiltshops.com) and a lot of the times, I find more of it. I would never buy 10 yards, though, 2 yards is usually enough for me.

• nannykins
    9 years ago

When WalMart was discontinuing their fabric dept., I bought a couple of bolts of rather colourful prints thinking they would be good for backing. They are, but I have also made tablecloths, pillow cases, ironing board covers, and curtains. And i do buy large pieces of white or WOW and Off whites. They get used in everything and i dont have to run to the LQS so often.
    Theresa

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Other than some WOW and muslin, I have never bought fabric without having a pattern in hand. I enjoy having a "scrap stash" to make lotto blocks and look forward to the day when I can make a truly scrappy quilt. Now that I have all this fabric from my neighbor, that day is getting closer.