Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_c_gw

Exchange Forum possibility

mary_c_gw
12 years ago

I heard back from Tamara, and she will put in a request for us. Here's her reply to my email:

Hi Mary,

It will be easier to just create an Exchanges forum to add to the

others. I've submitted a request and hopefully they can have it created

in a few days. I'll keep you posted!

Best,

Tamara

Comments (13)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Thanks Mary! I didn't know Tamara was still with iVillage; it's been a while since we heard from her. Good to know she's still there.

Do you think she really meant a separate forum or a separate page?

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, I asked for it to be part of the Quilting Forum, and wondered if she could convert the Gallery, so I think she means here.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Mary,
    My last email to Tamara bounced. If you email her again, please ask her to get in touch with me concerning the FAQ page. I can't seem to get an answer from anyone else either.

tcrouzer(at)yahoodotcom

Thank you,
    Teresa

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Mary, if she converts the galley csn you find out if the old pics will be deleted??

I think it's a good idea, thanks for getting the ball rolling.
    Rosa

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rosa,

IF it happens, it won't be a conversion of the gallery. It will be a new forum, here as a subset of quilting.

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hi
    thanks mary, this will help I like the swaps/ lottos and birthday block exchanges, I didnt know we were upsetting people with our posts.
    thanks
    michelle

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Michelle, Please don't think the lotto and BD block posts are a problem....they are part of quilting....you're making blocks. The posts are like anything else we would rather not participate in so we skip over them. It isn't a problem for me!

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Michelle, I don't participate because I don't have the time, but I do love to look at the BD blocks and I check out the lotto blocks.

If the subject doesn't interest anyone they don't have to read it lol!!!
    Rosa

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Please don't think that I think swaps are a problem! I don't, and never have thought that.

I don't know if you read this thread or not:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/quilt/msg1117132821772.html?23

I think the consensus of people posting to Dan_the_mailman was that we would like more people on the Quilting Forum, but that an area for swaps would be a good thing.

I really wanted this to be an inclusive, accepting move, not a divisive one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Your input needed

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

I think we should leave well enough alone. If someone wants to exchange why not jut include it in the topic. We lost many good people last time things got changed around

• itsmesuzq
    12 years ago

I know I don't post as often as I used to but I thought I'd share my opinion. I for one would love to have an area for Exchange Forum here on the Quilt Forum. I stopped doing the birthday blocks here and created a Flickr account so I could swap Mug Rugs and I loved it! The downside was I missed all of you at the Garden.

I'm just saying that there may be some of us that would like to see familiar names and make new friends who would like to do swaps and different kinds of exchanges.

Thanks Mary for your time and effort. I'm excited to see what happens.

Susan

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I was going to stay out of this as I am neutual but having been a part of the some of the exchanges--having enjoyed doing them and reading about them I guess I shoud say that I feel they are a part of the forum. Even when I am not doing one I enjoy the efforts of others. It gets pretty tiresome without their stimulous. I doubt very much if I would go elsewhere to seek out exchanges but if they are part of my daily read I check them out. If I find it not of interest I bypass. Nothing hard about that but this forum is too personal to give up and the members are missed if I don't check them out.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Thanks bunches Mary. I look forward to having an Exchange Forum on the Quilting Forum. Appreciate your help.

Best to you and many thanks,
    Sandra