Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Trail run quilts (picture heavy)

grammyp
10 years ago

Here are the trail run quilts and winners.

5K, the winners were an aunt and nephew who came to their first one.

10K, Emory won the 10K last year, too.

Half Marathon, Todd's wife talked him into running to win her a quilt. They sponsor a 100 mile ultra marathon trail run and want quilts for it.

Wall hanging for the Forest Service

beverly

Comments (16)

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

All great jobs!!! the quilting and the running!!!!

More quilts???? Sounds like a commissioned project this time!!!

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

The quilts are perfect! You were right to add borders. See that - the prize of a quilt was the draw for a good runner to enter!!

Love the Forest Service wall hanging!

You are too generous!! Tim looks great - the weather looked perfect for a run and wonderful that you were able to have the Event as planned!

• lola99
    10 years ago

I would start running and training if I had the chance to win one of your beautiful quilts!

I'm so glad you were able to hold the run.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I love the quilts, especially the turtles on them. Glad your trail run went well. TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Another year of beautiful quilts. I would imagine the chance for such a prize would bring in more runners each year! Great job.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Your quilts are absolutely beautiful and so appropriate for the trail run. You have a generous spirit!

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

I love all the quilts. Looks like the winners do too. Sounds like you're in for a new full time Job ;-)
    LindaB/CA

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Wow Beverly the scenery is as beautiful as the quilts! Everyone looks like they are having a wonderful time.

I love the turtle too!
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

" They sponsor a 100 mile ultra marathon trail run and want quilts for it." Of course they do!!!

As always, great quilts, Beverly. Time for a break, eh?

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

The quilts are just beautiful...just love em...the one for the forest service is perfect!!!
    Well done again...!!!
    V.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I would love a break Sharon, but I'm having too much fun. I finished one top for Todd's 100 mile run (except for the border and fabric for it is in the washer) and have the wedding quilt for my tech's daughter laid out on my design floor. I'll look at it tomorrow to make sure I like it before putting it together.

Next year I think we will give the quilts to non first place winners. It will cut down on repeat winners and give others a chance. Perhaps a random drawing of bib numbers.

beverly

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

They are just lovely.That bit of bright green really pops like rays of sunshine on the forest floor, and the turtle is just too cute for words!

• sunnycentralfl
    10 years ago

Great quilts, thank you for All you do for others!

Gwen
    ps..I feel like the turtle, but still think he is cute!

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Beverly,
    The quilts are beautiful and I always love seeing pictures of them... and the happy winners!
    Jeanne

• Kristene Smith
    10 years ago

So glad you were able to get them finished in time for the run and we were able to help with some fabric. Your quilt designs are fantastic. It's good to give and also to be appreciated.

Kristene

• day2day
    10 years ago

Wonderful quilts!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions