Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any NYC Tristate area Quilters here?

Posted by pirate_girl (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 23:44

Hi Folks,

Just curious I've never thought to ask before. I've just joined Empire Quilters Guild, been wanting to for a long time, had been kind of intimidated a bit as this is a Big Guild (serving the tri-state area, NY, NJ & CT). But hey, I'm quilting 15 yrs. already, got a nice body of Work I realize. I made my first bed quilt this year (twin size for Mom's 80th birthday), had it professional quilted, it's time.

I have just learned my First Charm Quilt (posted recently), was accepted to a local show. Not juried, but still am excited. If there are any local folks, I can provide details for the upcoming Show.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any NYC Tristate area Quilters here?

I'm local-ish. Hudson Valley, Orange County. Just yesterday I was in Manhattan at The City Quilter's with a friend.

I'd love to hear details on the show.

o
NYC (Brooklyn) Quilt Show details

Well, short notice for the Opening reception tommorow, but here's the details:

Green Quilts:

Quilt Exhibitors Reception
Saturday, Nov. 6th from 2:00 - 4:00 pm

at Lefferts Historic House Museum
Prospect Park, Brooklyn

open weekends, noon to 4:00 pm 'til Nov. 28th, at which point it'll be moved to Prospect Park Audubon Center (Prospect Park Boathouse) until Jan. 2nd

for further info: www.prospectpark.org

o
RE: Any NYC Tristate area Quilters here?

Not the answer to Karen's question but I was originally from Poughkeepsie. The Hudson Valley is so beautiful and I miss it.

I just spent a weekend with a childhood friend from Poughkeepsie who now lives in North Carolina. But she still has family there and is able to go back often enough. I haven't been back since a wedding 15 or so years ago.

Good luck connecting with metro area quilters!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here